Search results

1. Alarm goes off randomly twice a day or more, at anything up to 12 hr intervals

I have an 67 plate SEAT Arona 1.0 TSI XCELLENCE First Edition with this problem. Booked dealer investigation but two weeks earliest. Please does anybody know: a) what alarm door/bonnet sensors look like or are situated b) if I took out the central locking fuse, I could still key lock the car.
  2. "Replace key battery" - how to?

I’ve just had this message on my Arona, two years old last month. Found video on YouTube on how to do it, my key had a 3032 battery in. It was a 2 minute job to do it and bought 6 batteries for £10, but surely battery should last longer. I had my previous Focus for *ten* years using it 7 days a...
  3. Power socket live when ignition off?

We go camping in our Arona Excellence. Sometimes we want to charge up mobiles or tablets overnight using the power socket, but of course can’t, as it is dead. Has anybody heard of a mod where either the power socket is live, or another power socket fitted, maybe in the boot or under the bonnet...
  4. Arona, completely remove front passenger seat headrest?

Found it. Thanks, looked for ages before unsuccessfully. Pete
  5. Arona, completely remove front passenger seat headrest?

i wanted to carry an indoor bowls mat the other day. Couldn’t see how to do it, so had to get someone else’s car. How do you do it? Pete
  6. Engine oil recommendation

Hi, Did you find out? I’m looking for the same answer. If you go on one of these online “fill in your make and model” jobbies they give no answer. I’ve got a one litre excellence. Pete
  7. No towbar available for months.

For the sake of completeness I’ve now had a towbar fitted by my recommended fitter from Witters tow bars. Pete
  8. Rubbish MPG

One point must be mentioned. Have you got cruise control? If you have, use it at every safe opportunity- motorways, country roads, and to govern the car in a speed limit. I’ve found that the computer can drive the car 10mpg better than me. Pete
  9. Passenger window won’t fully close - solution

Hi, had to call Seat rescue out as I’d lowered the window, and when I tried to close it, it stopped one inch from the top. No amount of up and down of the window would make it go higher. The guy arrived, I explained the the problem, he said he had to reset the window. He opened it fully...
  10. Enabling options.

YES!!! It worked! THANK YOU!!!!
  11. Enabling options.

I’m sitting in my car ATM. On my rhs is a switch the same as this. If I move it to 10 o’clock I adjust the left mirror up down right left. 2 o’clock adjusts the right mirror. What do I do to fold a mirror right in, the same as when I press on the close button on the key fob ( if it’s possible)?
  12. Enabling options.

Fiddled long and hard with the door switch on mine, and couldn’t get the mirrors to fold. Do you turn the door switch so it’s pointing towards the back of the car to make them fold?
  13. Arona is awesome

Just filled up. Put in 36 litres to the top, mileometer difference 345 miles. 43 mpg?
  14. Arona is awesome

Also what petrol did you put in? Please dont say supermarket one? Yes Perhaps give it some Esso 97 and see if anything improves Will do
  15. Arona is awesome

Yes 33 mpg is low. Do you change up gear when suggested by the car?
  16. Arona is awesome

Hi, I have an extremely light right foot, and have the instant mpg display on when I drive, but I was getting upper 30s. I noticed that the mpg improved when I had cruise control on. Now I put CC on whenever possible, and my mpg is about 45. This car can drive itself better than I can. Pete.
  17. No towbar available for months.

I rang my local Seat dealer asking if they can fit a towbar for me. They don’t do such work themselves, they gave me the number of the local firm that they send that work to. Visited the local firm this morning. The manager spent 30 minutes on the phone to his many suppliers. The best offer was...
  18. No towbar available for months.

Raised a query with Seat HQ, as no one anywhere could provide and fit one. A guy responded to my query today to say none available, call back April for an update. Pete
  19. Tyre pressures

Not sure of the difference on the sticker between 3 people and a case, and the same with an “I” on the next line. Can someone explain please?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise