Search results

1. Best headlight bulb 2018?!

Random question but, one of the little metal clips that holds in the dipped bulb on my 2010 Cupra R is missing. A previous owner must have broken it or something. Can you buy these little metal clips anywhere or, if not, anyone have any ideas how I can secure the bulb in the housing? I’ve...
  2. Just bought a 2010 Cupra R with 60,000 miles - what’s the first thing I should do?

That’s some quality information there. That’s for the insight. Interesting to hear about the timing belt, that’s good news. Shame about the Bluetooth though! Is there anyway to retrofit Bluetooth capability to it? Cheers
  3. Whistle at 65mph+

This might sound stupid but it works. Get someone to sit behind you on the motorway or something with a spray bottle filled with water. When you hear the noise, ask them to spray the door and window seals. If the seals are good, the water will just run down but if there’s a gap, the water will...
  4. Just bought a 2010 Cupra R with 60,000 miles - what’s the first thing I should do?

Yes and no. It’s obvious when the problem starts but once you notice it, it’s usually too late. Mine started out with a growling sound (coming from the engine, not the exhaust!) when starting the engine from cold. As soon as the engine was running, the noise stopped. After a while...
  5. Just bought a 2010 Cupra R with 60,000 miles - what’s the first thing I should do?

Technician told me not to worry about the cam follower. Apparently 60,000 miles isn’t that much so doesn’t need to be replaced. I’ll take his word for it. Thanks for the info on the stereo. I have an iPhone X iOS 11.2.5. Do you think it could be my stereo that needs an update or replacing? I...
  6. Just bought a 2010 Cupra R with 60,000 miles - what’s the first thing I should do?

Ha, looks exactly like that! Nice pics. Had the health check today, all good. They said as long as I keep it topped up with decent oil and service it regularly, I shouldn’t have any problems with the timing chain/tensioner (which was my main concern). When I boot up my stereo it’s says...
  7. Just bought a 2010 Cupra R with 60,000 miles - what’s the first thing I should do?

Northamptonshire. Not sure how you upload images but mines metallic blue with black rims. Really love the look of it. How bout yourself? I just picked it up the other day so it’s going into my local dealership tomorrow for a general health check but I’m going to ask them about the timing...
  8. Just bought a 2010 Cupra R with 60,000 miles - what’s the first thing I should do?

Mate, that’s a huge help, thanks very much. Armrest for £140? Did your cupra r not come with an armrest either? I was looking to pick on up. £140 sounds like a decent price for that.
  9. Just bought a 2010 Cupra R with 60,000 miles - what’s the first thing I should do?

Thanks for the reply. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the new cam follower?
  10. Just bought a 2010 Cupra R with 60,000 miles - what’s the first thing I should do?

I’m new here, long time lurker. Would appreciate some advice. My new car has done 60,000 miles. It has a full service history and has recently had a new cambelt and water pump. Overall, it’s in great condition and drives great. I’ve read some horror stories on these forums concerning the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.