Search results

1. Kai_1600

not very vag BUT......A young lads last wish....

There's a paypal address on the second page of the thread for folks that wanted to donate something rather than attend (wasn't the OP's idea)
  2. Kai_1600

Shes down but not out

When my old bumper got half ripped off it was held in by a fair few self tappers in discreet locations :)
  3. Kai_1600

long Distance driving

I'd take a spare coil as well, £75 very well invested for piece of mind and you can change it yourself at the roadside if it packs in
  4. Kai_1600

steering problem maybe?

You've checked all the bolts holding the wheels on of course ;)
  5. Kai_1600

Side Skirt Sizes?

yup, side skirts are the same
  6. Kai_1600

Theres always "something" - MOT

My garage only takes cash, but the bloke works from his garage, next to his house so I can hassle him on Saturdays if he cocks it up (not that he ever has, sometimes i have to force him to take money off me!)
  7. Kai_1600

help please -my car runs for 5-10mins then just dies !

Something is getting warm, expanding then not working anymore. Coil might have a crack in it?
  8. Kai_1600

dodgy stearing..

The top mounts are meant to be like that :D
  9. Kai_1600

remote central locking

my 1.6 SXE was a 5 door with remote locking :)
  10. Kai_1600

Mod of the week?

i found most of my drinks used to wedge pretty nicely down the side of the seat and the handbrake :) I just use my cup holders now though ;)
  11. Kai_1600

Possible dead gearbox????

If you've worn your clutch down to the metal its possible that some of the very last bits of friction material have broken off and are making nasty noises
  12. Kai_1600

A little help needed.

Coil is an easy DIY change ~£35-£45 for a new coil and under 30 mins to fit as long as you catch the nuts before they go into the scuttle panel. Boot lid i'd get some pics up, I was on the look out for a rear lid in decent nick for ages but one nerver turned up in Topaz, you might be more lucky...
  13. Kai_1600

Musty Pie's Mk2 Ibiza

Looks lovely! Crying out for spacers on the rear like every Mk2 :p
  14. Kai_1600

Misfirin

Fuel filter is underneath on the rear passenger side and if fairly apparent if i remember correctly :)
  15. Kai_1600

help - car cut out, wort start

coil/battery are the top 2 on the list if it just conked out as you say. Check the leads/dizzy cap (little carbon rod thing) and make sure nothing it loose but I'd be surprised if it wasnt the coil tbh
  16. Kai_1600

Guff wheels with a quick paint job

Really like the point job on the wheels, best lookin 8v wheels i 've seen in a long time :D
  17. Kai_1600

Crank sensor

battery? would make sense if it bump starts...
  18. Kai_1600

Dunno if this is a silly question but ...

I know there is something different between the Audi 1.8T's and the VW/Seat ones but i cant for the life of me remember what :D Assuming that its an AEB engine code it's a longitudinal 1.8T rather than the transverse ones (AUQ/BAM/AYP) that'll bolt straight on to your existing engine mounts...
  19. Kai_1600

Whats the biggest size wheels you can put on a mk2 ibiza?

Surculation had 19's on his old orange beast, that had a bit of arch work though :p
  20. Kai_1600

Noob ibiza owner mk2 in need of help

#1 THATS HARD TO ANSWER BECAUSE LOTS OF PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE MANAGED TO LIVE WITH DAFT LOW FOR AGES #2 TRY AND LAY YOUR HANDS ON A MK3 CUPRA BACKBOX AND A REDUCER PIPE #3 JUST DRILL THE COLD SIDE OF THE AIRBOX AND GET A PANEL FILTER Oh, and try turning caps lock off. It's so much easier to read...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.