Search results

1. Can I fit Soundaktor to my Leon mk2 1p?

As in title, I have an FR+ facelift CR 170 FR Leon - and being a diesel, it doesn't sound particularly great - so is it possible to fit a Soundaktor unit from another VAG model and activate it in VCDS, so I get some nice fake engine sounds piped into the cabin? Has anyone done this? I know the...
  2. Which brake pads for 11 plate 2.0 CR TDI FR

Cool, thanks for that! Yep we both have the facelift FR 170 it seems, so I'm sure our pads would be the same. Any particular fast road pads you'd recommend or even just decent standard brands that are decent? Are there any brands I should avoid?
  3. Which brake pads for 11 plate 2.0 CR TDI FR

As in title, can anyone tell me definitively which size pads I need for my 2011 2.0 CR TDI FR Leon? I've looked on all the normal car parts sites, GSF/Euros/Carparts4less - all of them seem to have differing information, which makes it very hard if I want to find some uprated pads.
  4. Comfort for elbows

Good find - cheers, they look pretty useful!
  5. Comfort for elbows

Hi Chaps, Anyone have any smart ideas for making the door card elbow area more comfortable? I was thinking some sort of strong adhesive pads, maybe with eco leather or something similar, but was hoping to find a ready made solution that I could amend or use in my Leon. For cheapness, I...
  6. Is a Remap/DTUK worth it on my DSG CR 170 FR?

As in the title, I've been weighing up which to get over the last few months - don't really want to get too much into the argument of the DTUK tuning box vs a Revo or otherwise remap. My real question is is it actually worth it given that my car is a DSG model and from what I understand the...
  7. Holy Grail of Tyres

I have Pirelli P-Zeros on my FR+ (they were fitted all round when I bought the car a few months ago) - and despite initial road noise which was quite irritating, they seemed to have quietened down considerably. Having never had them before, I now rate them quite highly, very grippy in all...
  8. Retrofit Soundaktor to FR+ 2011 CR TDI

Thanks for the information Rusty2k I'm guessing this is probably a dead end then, if it needs to recognise and be matched to the engine code. I don't think the CEGA engine ever got it did it? I was under the impression that the mk2 Cupra got the soundaktor stuff didn't it?
  9. Retrofit Soundaktor to FR+ 2011 CR TDI

Hi guys, As in title, is it possible to retrofit the Soundaktor unit that some of the Cupra's have that simulates engine sound, to my FR+ 2011 (facelift) CR 2.0TDI? The engine doesn't sound terrible as far as TDI's go, but I've heard the soundaktor in a CR 184 TDI and it sounded really...
  10. Recently purchased an FR+ but DSG paddles aren't working

Thanks for all the replies - The dealer who I bought it from sorted the issue in the end. They said that they just had to flash it with a new file that they obtained from Seat - does this sound correct to you? Is it possible there was an ECU/module update which fixed a dodgy older version of...
  11. Recently purchased an FR+ but DSG paddles aren't working

Hi all - my first post as a recent Seat Leon FR+ 2.0tdi 170 with DSG owner. It's a 2011 facelift model, with new style steering wheel and NAV and entertainment system I have a problem where the DSG paddles on the steering wheel don't work. Nothing happens at all when I press them. Also the...