Search results

1. Broke FR Fog Light Trim

Thanks for that. Yes slightly cheaper but still needs painting. I take it primed is the only finish I’ll get so I’ll have a word with local body shop. Unless anyone knows where I could get one already painted. Thanks Dan
  2. Broke FR Fog Light Trim

Hi all, I’ve been upgrading my fog light bulbs today and unfortunately have managed to snap a piece of the plastic trim off. Phoned dealer and a primed only replacement is £52 and a minimum of £30 to paint. Any ideas where I could get it cheaper. Any help is appreciated. Cheers Dam
  3. Why no option for a LED upgrade

Really don’t see what’s wrong with them tbh. LEDs are nice but not £500 nice for me. Rather spend on different options
  4. Remap on new Ibiza FR 1.5

Just wondering if anyone has had a custom local one done.
  5. Remap on new Ibiza FR 1.5

Just Reviving this thread. Anyone remapped yet?
  6. Touch up Paint

Just ordered some Chipex for my Monsson Grey. Noticed my first stone chips on the bonnet this week. They are small but very noticeable. Was contemplating some SMART repairs but these chips are enivitable so wanted a kit to keep my car looking as good as possible.
  7. GAP Insurance

Think mine was £180 for 1.5 Evo for 4 years on ‘return to invoice’ at Direct Gap. Was quoted £399 at dealer. Never had to use gap insurance before, but for that price I think it’s a sensible insurance if the worst was to happen especially in later years when depreciation has fully kicked in...
  8. Fuel Consumption :-(

1.5 here. Done 1200 miles so far of mixed driving, giving it the beans whenever I can and I’ve got 40mpg average overall. Getting 350 miles out of full fill up.
  9. Side Skirt Residue

Yeah I know that. I meant rust creeping into a more visible area.
  10. Spoiler

Been into dealer today. The spolier comes primed with bonding material which has come loose. The rattling is from a screw which has come loose when I had a rear dash cam fitted. Seat are sorting both which I think is pretty good seen as the rattle was caused by me.
  11. Spoiler

hi all, does anyone know how the larger spolier is attached? Only ask because I’ve noticed a rattle when I open and close the boot and now the spoiler is loose on one side. Emailed the dealer as I want to pop in for them to take a look but any intel on how it’s attached would be appreciated...
  12. Beats Audio

I really like them but haven’t heard the stock system to compare. I’m into my music production so for me it was on the ‘must have’ option, even though I don’t rate beats headphones at all. I would say though that the bass is more boomy than tight and does require a few notches down on the EQ...
  13. Ibiza storage pack-drawers or no drawers ?

When I was discussing options with my dealer I got the feeling I knew more than him about them after doing my research. Even pointed out to him the discount offer on rear diffuser and spoiler package even though it was on a poster in his dealership.
  14. VCDS or OBD Eleven Coding Tweaks

Me too. Tried the mirror tilt when reversing and while I can get it on the multimedia menu it doesn’t actually work. Would love Speedo swipe round but that’s not available. Everything else is set how i like it anyway.
  15. Side Skirt Residue

I suppose that’s what I was looking for. Never had a brand new car before or this sort of stone chip protection. My concern was the treatment is solid almost all the way to the wheel arch but doesn’t somehow seemed finished all the way to the end properly and the metal below is slightly...
  16. Side Skirt Residue

I’ve removed the residue it’s the metal half way down the photo protruding that is bothering me. Up the car it’s full covered as you can see towards the right of the image. I assume it’s rough to protect against stone chipping. The other side isn’t like this. Worried it may get worse but also...
  17. Side Skirt Residue

Ok, will do. Dark here now. I’ll try tomorrow. Thanks
  18. Side Skirt Residue

Hi all, picked up my 1.5 Evo on Friday. Gave it a good clean and noticed on the sideskirts (not sure this is the right term) their is a lot of sticky residue and they aren’t fully painted. On one side I can see right through to some metal below. Looks like they haven’t been fully treated...