Search results

1. Jobo's Mk3 Cupra Track Build

Yeah, it's a great daily mate. Drive it all year round. Rear as standard on the early ones like mine is a bit snappy, particularly in the wet, but that can be sorted with decent tyres and geo. The old 'lack or torque' thing isn't that bad to be fair bits just a 2.0l NA, no worse than any others...
  2. Jobo's Mk3 Cupra Track Build

Indeed, when i bought it, it had budget tyres on it... tells you everything you need to know about the previous owner!
  3. Jobo's Mk3 Cupra Track Build

So only a small update for the Cupra this week as didnt have much spare time due to needing to do a valve adjustment on the S2000 as well... So just took the carbon canister out Untitled by ianjobson, on Flickr Untitled by ianjobson, on Flickr As mentioned the whole bay will be...
  4. K04 MK3 Ibiza Cupra Track Ready - RIP

Just finished reading your thread mate, top work! defo have the same attitude to it as me in that everything must be clean and no expenses spared! Will likely pick your brains on a few bits
  5. Jobo's Mk3 Cupra Track Build

Cheers guys!
  6. Jobo's Mk3 Cupra Track Build

So, I was just looking at my previous Readers Ride thread and i started it in 2007!? How time flies, Conscious i am only meant to have one but this is a build thread so admin please feel free to delete the old one. The Cupra served well as a road car for a long time. Last year though i bought...
  7. My monster Mk3

Yeh the powers about rite without a diff, surprises a lot of "the big boys" shall we say! I'll up the power and fit a diff once its off the road and just a track car.
  8. My monster Mk3

Cheers
  9. My monster Mk3

I can't quite believe I am fast approaching 4 years of ownership of this Cupra... A few new pics below of a shoot at the weekend Behind the scenes
  10. Help with unusual boost Issue

Running out of weekend guys? lol
  11. Help with unusual boost Issue

Help, unusual boost problem Hi guys, would appreciate your opinions. Ive tried searching and cant find this problem. I have an issue with the time its taking to spool the turbo at the moment. My car normally runs 1.2bar, recently it started to stop at 1.1 and now less than a bar... If you can...
  12. Help with unusual boost Issue

Hi guys, would appreciate your opinions. Ive tried searching and cant find this problem. I have an issue with the time its taking to spool the turbo at the moment. My car normally runs 1.2bar, recently it started to stop at 1.1 and now less than a bar... If you can keep your foot in it...
  13. Will ARB's stop scrubbing?

It is only corners at speed so I'm thinking ARBs polly bushes and arch rolling may be the route. If not the different weighted springs I guess
  14. Will ARB's stop scrubbing?

This may be a daft question but how much do ARB's cure roll by? Im running KW varient 1's and on track suffer from the tyre scrubbing the arch ar the front. will uprate ARB's make enough of a difference to keep the arch off the tyre or am i looking at damper adjustable coily's so i can stiffen...
  15. Fluttering / Boost Related?

the standard spring is technically only good for 8 psi... so thats probably not gonna help the issue, It wont cause over boost just the flutter. check here http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0007&product=FMDVSU110 From your post though it doesnt sound like your...
  16. Fluttering / Boost Related?

It may be your spring not strong enough for the high boost? what colour spring you got in it?
  17. MK3 Cupra Part Numbers

I need the rocker cover gasket part number please guys, (on the the cupra that is)
  18. Electronic engine cut out

hmmm maybe!
  19. Electronic engine cut out

Hmmm the positive does seem a bit loose but theres no way it cudav come right off and on again? also would this not reset the trip computer too?
  20. Electronic engine cut out

ive tried searching nothing seems to match. Driving along and all of a sudden the dials drop off, accelerator has no effect yet i keep radio and electric windows, pull over turn key off and on starts fine off it goes... theres also a chance it reset the mile counter under the total mileage...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members