Search results

1. Esso synergy supreme or BP ultimate petrol?

Do They? Can you prove this? or is this what you have heard? What cleaning agents are added to 95 RON which are inferior to those added to 98RON? I'm playing devils advocate ( I've worked in the O&G industry for 10 years [B)] )
  2. Esso synergy supreme or BP ultimate petrol?

Personally I don't see the point using anything other than the engine was designed for... 95RON
  3. Removal of paddle shift extensions

WD40 is excellent at removing residual adhesive, spray on a cloth and hold it on the area to allow it to soak in, then rub away.
  4. Cupra brakes

drilled discs are for aesthetics mainly on road cars..... Think about it, brakes work on friction to slow the car down, therefore more friction = more stopping power...…. if you remove part of the friction surface (the disc) to make it look nice you get less friction material making contact...
  5. 1.4 TSi ACT economy

I have a 1.4 Eco TSI FR ST and find it brilliant on fuel. 44MPG around town. highest Iv'e had its 60.1MPG on a long steady motorway run. usually get around mid 50's, but as all have said you need to be smooth & consistent using cruise control to keep it in 2 cyl mode
  6. Hard to get out marks when washing your car?

To be honest, you can't beat a clay bar to get rid of tar
  7. Dreaded damp windows- Suddenly.

12 years ago I had a mk4 Golf GTi..... the plastic scuttle panel above the polen filter was known to crack on these. this let any rain water, car wash water etc, drain straight into the polen filter housing and into the cabin.... The carpets were like a soggy sponge.... I wouldn't be spraying a...
  8. 2016 mk3 1.4 150 judder

I've noticed that my 18 plate FR ST has started to Judder when pulling away from cold.... 22k miles... 1.4 Eco Tsi 150BHP manual.
  9. Judder NS when pulling off

Road condition, driven through a greasy patch? Oil on road, leaves? many factors. It will only spin the driven wheel which looses the grip, because of the diff.
  10. Judder NS when pulling off

Wheel Spin .... your traction control is kicking in.......
  11. Discs & pads for 2013 Leon ST 1.6

what are you on about? I hadn't suggested anyone try it. I said I have done it many times on other cars succesfully... and I stated I haven't done the brakes on my Leon? Its a very safe and reliable method of returning the piston into the caliper..... on cars with normal pistons ( as I said I...
  12. Discs & pads for 2013 Leon ST 1.6

Not done brakes on the Leon, but have done many other cars... Never had to buy a piston wind back tool.... I just use a G-Clamp and tighten it up? works just fine.
  13. What Fuel do you guys use?

Sorry retard, not advance as you said above. I was thinking from memory, what I do on my classic car and which way I turn the Distributor depending on which fuel I put in!
  14. What Fuel do you guys use?

It would pull more timing with momentum 99 as its 99 RON over Shell's 97 or 98 (can't remember) Octane is an inhibitor which allows the compression to be higher before the fuel detonates (pre ignition / pinking) which is bad for the engine. In order to over come detonation the timing is...
  15. Ethanol blend fuel

Yep Ethanol as an aditive in lots of UK fuels, as a way of saving on the price of Crude..... thats why in the classic car scene they advise you to change your fuel lines to modern, as old rubber lines disintegrate due to the ethanol.
  16. Strange sound in the back of the car after lowering it

loose wheel nuts can make this sound too... worth a check?
  17. POLL: Rear window de-mister button and heated mirrors

On all of the cars I have had (BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, VW, Audi, Vauxhall, MG) I have never seen heating elements on the glass in the wing mirrors, usually the glass is mounted to a heated metal plate, so for heated & non heated the glass itself is the same. Don't know how the Leon is...
  18. POLL: Rear window de-mister button and heated mirrors

This is the issue I have, why can't the mirrow heaters just be on, or on a thermostat like most other cars out there. Having to turn the button between the mirror heaters & reverse dip is annoying.
  19. Checking Cupra VIN

Don't know about the Cupra, but in the FR I specced the winter pack, which came with bum warmers, heated washer jets & bottle & head lamp washers..... The heated jets & bottle are a waste of time, as they still froze last winter.
  20. Love and hate...

I'm sorry but how was I wrong? you agreed they were patented by ford?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.