Search results

1. Differences between driving modes

For me I find the difference between standard and Sport quite noticeable. Steering gets heavier (but still manageable) and the throttle is much more responsive. If I tap the accelerator when in normal the RPM needle jumps up lazily and after I change to sport I apply the same tap and the needle...
  2. Engine start/stop button

My 1 year old FR has it on the left. They may have moved it to the right for right hand drive cars with the new line up recently but I doubt it unfortunately.
  3. Possible handbrake issue?

I also have this to some degree, if I only put the handbrake on one or two clicks you can hear the car "groaning" as if it is very slowly moving forwards (like the brakes are struggling to keep the car where it is), then pulling it up another two clicks and the noises stop. Not something I'm too...
  4. Cracked screen?

Nothing like that on mine. I would definitley ask for that to be replaced under warranty.
  5. Hazard triangle placement in trunk

Which country are you in? My UK model doesn't have a warning triangle. Perhaps it is a regulation in your country but the car isn't designed with somewhere to hold it? The boot (trunk) liner is quite "furry" so might work if you put velcro strips on the triangle!
  6. White Bright Bulbs - Ibiza 18 Plate

Thanks for the advice. I put Osram Nightbreaker Lasers in place of my low beam and they look quite good. I'm going to get some for my fog lights too (H8) as when they come on as a cornering lamp, the stock lights look yellow compared to the new Osrams. I'll probably swap out the high beams too...
  7. Gearbox Opinions

I haven't driven many cars but I find the gearbox to be fine, I think mine is actually quite good as the gear normally slides in with very little force. Sometimes reverse is a bit funny between when you press down and when it sits in place, but it isn't too bad. I also find it seems to improve...
  8. Aftermarket speaker upgrade on Seat Ibiza 2017-18

I'd also be interested, I find the sound system OK but could benefit from an upgrade if possible.
  9. White Bright Bulbs - Ibiza 18 Plate

Noob question: do you definitley use the same bulb type for both low and high beam, surely it would give the same effect if it is the same bulb? Or is there something in the housing which changes how the beam is "thrown"?
  10. Ibiza Navi SD Card

The card that came with my Ibiza (bought 6 months ago) was version 6 of the and the part number on the back is 7RE/77Q. This covers all of Europe. Hope this helps!
  11. Ibiza FR MK6

A company will come over and do it for free.
  12. Ibiza FR MK6

A day or two after you collect the car the insurance people will ring you to arrange a time and date for box installation.
  13. Ibiza FR MK6

Correct. No but there is a website. No curfews, but late night driving will damage your usage score. Not sure what the times are but generally you can expect 10 on usage if you drive between 7am-10pm (those are the only times I've really tried) Also another interesting point, unlike some...
  14. Ibiza FR MK6

Sort of. If you go over the speed limit it will mark you down, however there are two other categories for each drive (usage and smoothness) which are very difficult to score low on, so the average for each drive can be positive even if the speed is a negative mark.
  15. Notchy 1st gear

I would bring it up if half the time you can't get the gear in. My FR 115 is fine in all gears. Every now and again it refuses to "go in" to a gear but I just put that down to me pushing it at the wrong angle. Doesn't happen nearly often enough to be an issue.
  16. Air Con

My AC isn't as cold as I'd like but it is chilly and to be honest it's hard to tell what level of cold is expected of the AC, so whether or not it warrants going in to service or not. I have read that increasing fan speed also increases the temperature coming from the vents as there is more air...
  17. Ibiza FR MK6

I have the FR 115 and really enjoy it. I have not driven any cars similar to the Ibiza I now have so can't really compare responsiveness to similar class cars. I do think that the power in the low RPM ranges is slightly disappointing and there is definitley a lag on the turbo. However when you...
  18. AEB triggered by a leaf?!

Earlier today while driving down a straight single road I suddenly heard the AEB beep, warning graphic on screen and a jolt on the brakes. I was driving approximately 15mph with no obstacles in front of me. The car didn't bring me to a stop but slowed me down to about 6-8mph. The only thing I...
  19. Didn’t last long...

Blimey Peter! I got my car just a few days after the 1st of March and remember looking on yours in envy, couldn't wait to get mine. Didn't recognise your car just now until I got to the picture with the plate which I somehow remembered! Glad to hear insurance are sorting you out, shame about...
  20. Oops...

That isn't just a scratch is it, some serious damage there! I can't believe there are people out there who do this sort of damage and don't try to leave a note or get in touch with the owner. I always try to avoid busy public parking wherever possible. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.