Search results

1. MattR

Seat Sat Nav Unit

Maybe if you have something that connects to the aux port. Youd prob have to do all the change tracks on the ipod though.
  2. MattR

light bulb upgrade

Anyone got an opinion on these: http://www.essexracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=986 Or will they just look crap?
  3. MattR

warranty

I arranged a two year policy before my Leon was 3 years old. Its around £21 a month for 24 months. Its called Prestige Cover Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. I searched through loads and this seemed the best bet. The claims limit is £3k, no limit to amount of claims but only up to the value...
  4. MattR

warranty

Yes, the RAC warranty is good. I've already had to claim when the slow speed fans failed. You need to do it before it's 3 years old ideally.
  5. MattR

sat nav

I tried it once but couldnt get it to work. Id be interested to see if anyone has though.. ;) (I wasn't trying very hard tbh..)
  6. MattR

Hi everyone! - LCR?

If its a SEAT warranty, that'll be good. Check condition of all the tyres, brake discs and pads. These will be the things that wear the quickest and will need to be done. Try to get £500 off the price, years tax, another years warranty or the CD changer if it hasnt got one!
  7. MattR

Tracker

I've never had an insurance reduction by having a tracker on a car, although some ins co's insist on trackers for some cars (and their locations). The cheaper Tracker's rely on you informing police/tracker that the car's gone, the more expensive ones "know" when something's wrong. Its also...
  8. MattR

I have to report some sad news.......

That's just daft - not only is the back not big enough, I wouldnt want to pay the fuel bills either?:blink:
  9. MattR

Intrusive Engine?

So what is the official SEAT line on cambelts on LCRs? My service book specifies every 40k for Alhambra TDI, every 60k for Arosa SDI and all TDI (except Alhambra) and every 120k replace "toothed belt for cam shaft drive": replace (only petrol engines with 5 valves per cylinder) & tensing...
  10. MattR

Shakira unveils the SEAT Leon Pies Descalzos in Berlin

Have to see one in real life, but doesnt look too bad. However the inside is :sick: Seat colour :yes: dash :gay:
  11. MattR

Need cables to fit my new CD changer !

And yes, the Leon changer would be cheaper to fit than buying this adapter - then sell the Sony changer. Does the T69 play MP3?
  12. MattR

Need cables to fit my new CD changer !

The Connects2 adapter will probably fit. I connected a Sony T70 changer to my head unit. You can get them from Halfords - they're £49.99 (a bit expensive when you actually see what it is). The code for my adapter was ASTS00MK2 - Sony CD/MD/MP3 Adapter - Seat...
  13. MattR

Seat dealer courtesy car

For insurance, use something like: http://www.norwichunion.com/short-term-insurance/index.htm?qreferer=/ ~£10 a day and print the cover note at home. I've used Colliers in Birmingham past couple of times and they've been fine. Good prices too. Listers wont be getting a penny more out...
  14. MattR

Leon Extended / Aftermarket Warranty

Covers as much as I could check incl ABS, Air Con/Climate Control & Turbo. Does cover the clutch as in "Release thrust bearing, centre plate (oil cont only), pressure plate, master and slave cylinders, clutch cable inclu self adjusting mech and clutch damper. There's also a section that...
  15. MattR

New S3 Test Drive (LCR Comparison)

Colour looks good. Is that £30k with the options? Agree bout the wheels - are they standard or is there another choice - look bit p1ss poor.
  16. MattR

Oh, and its transferable too if you sell the car privately. And you can cancel mid term (assuming no claims).
  17. MattR

Went with RAC in the end as per post above. Basically £21.62 a month over 2 years for 2 year warranty. Its the Prestige Cover Mechanical Breakdown. Warranty Direct was prob 2nd choice, just a bit expensive. I think it's cheaper if you setup the policy before the car's 3 years old. It...
  18. MattR

Sat Nav Problems :(

Might be worth having a look at http://www.vwnavi.com its a forum/site for the VAG Sat Nav systems. Cant think of anything else at the moment.
  19. MattR

Sat Nav Problems :(

How many satellites does it show as picked up on the system? Tried removing the CD, starting the system back up, and them reinserting the CD? Do you see the blue line on the screen showing the route with no voice?
  20. MattR

tyre help needed asap

Well the F1s come rated, but I paid £250 for 2 last November. I've done over 10k miles since and there is plenty of tread left. (They're on the front) Ive just replaced the backs last week with Firestone Firehawk SZ80s - these were £179 fitted for 2. The P Zeros get very bad when you're...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.