Search results

1. tom_ibiza

Do HID kits lead to bulb warning light?

be careful with HID's this set looks pretty suspicious to me... do they come with ballast??? there isnt a picture of a ballast in the listing and the price hints to me that they dont.... hids will work with the facelift but you have to get a set of canbus compatible ones to not get the...
  2. tom_ibiza

coming back to the fold.

Hey guys picked up the car yesterday! I love it!!! Will get some pics up later :-)
  3. tom_ibiza

New head unit but...

hmm im a bit concerned my rear sensors are not gonna work now as they seem to be linked to the sps system. please let me know what connects 2 say in reference to that cable :) Thanks
  4. tom_ibiza

New head unit but...

wow just looked into all the feature that are built into the sps..... toying with keeping it now just for the updated boost gauges etc........
  5. tom_ibiza

New head unit but...

i just picked up my ibiza. i didnt really look at the sps unit... does it tell you much more than what the screen in the dials does? i only noticed the mpg and distance on it in my quick drive back to work from the dealers.... im planning on swapping mine out for a sony unit with built in gps....
  6. tom_ibiza

New head unit but...

hey buddy drop connects 2 a message and see if this will do the job.... http://www.connects2.co.uk/VehicleProducts.aspx?Manufacturer_ID=52&Model_ID=165
  7. tom_ibiza

coming back to the fold.

will be picking it up today :) cant wait for lunch break to come around! ive ordered all of the parts to fit my sony double din unit into the car but having to wait for the conversion leads to arrive from germany :( ill do a proper guide/tutorial for the head unit fitting including fitting...
  8. tom_ibiza

coming back to the fold.

so its ordered :) pick it up on tuesday :) couple more questions if anyone is able to answer. ive found the switch panel for moving the hazard warning switch etc on the internet but the ibiza im buying has parking sensors and it would appear there is also a switch on the stereo for them...
  9. tom_ibiza

coming back to the fold.

so 5 years ago i got rid of my mk4 ibiza for a family car. now due to divorce i no longer need the family car so im purchasing a mk5 1.2tfsi :) i have a few questions if you guys dont mind answering them.... so i have a double din unit i want to fit ive found all of the components...
  10. tom_ibiza

shortened stab link

well ive just taken some drop links from the mondeo that i got for a 5er each through work to a engineering company they are gona cut them thread them and put sleve around them so they will be adjustable.. so hoping thats gona cure it! :D
  11. tom_ibiza

shortened stab link

deffinatly not crap coilovers so maybe im running too low... will raise it up and see what comes of it thanks guys. also if anyone is interested awesome gti and their shortened drop links are just sending out mondeo ones, which after looking into are 240mm they didnt cover up the original label...
  12. tom_ibiza

shortened stab link

Yeah same thing mate stabiliser link arm... Or drop link..
  13. tom_ibiza

shortened stab link

Anyone?
  14. tom_ibiza

shortened stab link

hello well i just got some shortened stab links from awesome gti. they have been fitted and the drivers side is still catching on the drive shaft... passenger side is fine but the shaft of the drivers side is fatter... any idea on what i can do? will raising my suspension sort this out for me or...
  15. tom_ibiza

Another one... Wind Deflectors

i cant say how much i paid as i got them through work and if my boss found out id lose my job but lets just say they make quite alot of profit on such things...
  16. tom_ibiza

Timing Belt Change

actually i beleive the 1.4 is harder to work on when it comes to the belt. the 1.9 has 1 belt 2 tensioners and the water pump, id estimate a cost of 100 quid upto 150 with the water pump. the 1.4 has 2 belts 4 tensioners and the water pump so theres alot more work involved with the 1.4...
  17. tom_ibiza

Another one... Wind Deflectors

i got mine from clim-air and to be honest they are shite! half the time they made the windows go back down when i put them up, so i ended up modifying them with a heat gun to mould them into the shape they should of been!
  18. tom_ibiza

drivers seat

well its all done and what a pain in the ass it was! but yes alot easier of u take the seat out its a damn sight easier. mine was exactly the same the white clip popped off!
  19. tom_ibiza

drivers seat

thanks mate just been out to have a look, how did u get the clips apart on the bottom of the seat are they like popper things or do u have to slide them out or somthing?
  20. tom_ibiza

drivers seat

hello all. its more than likely a common problem that has been covered a few times but as a few of you know seaching for seat on this website is an issue. right so i had a coin stuck in the seat mechanism and it has stretched the cable or somthing along those lines as the coin is out but the...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members