Search results

1. Buzzy Altea Speakers and ICE upgrade

Bumping up this old thread. I have a 2010 Altea XL SE with the standard speakers and they sound terrible. It is an old car but I will be keeping it for another year and doing a lot of motorway driving so will upgrade the speakers. I cant find infinity 6.5" 165mm speakers with adjustable...
  2. Tyre ratings 91H or 94V for my Altea XL 1.9 Tdi ?

Well I bought some from BlackCircles as they had a discount code that tempted me. Decided on the Cross Climate Plus 94V XL mainly as the XL Extra load rating appears to have extra reinforcement so might be better at resisting pothole and kerb damage and they didn't cost much extra and they...
  3. Winter tyres?

Tempted to buy some Michelin CrossClimate + for general year round use.
  4. Tyre ratings 91H or 94V for my Altea XL 1.9 Tdi ?

Hello, About to buy some Michelin CrossClimate + tyres and there are two ratings available for my car. Either: 205/55 R16 91 H or 205/55 R16 94 V XL The cheap tyres on my car are 91V so cant compare to these as they may not be correct. So any advice on choosing 91H or 94V tyres. Thanks.
  5. Ibiza 1.4tsi ACT GEARBOX OIL???

That does sound as though the oil is too thick. I cant help with the exact oil unfortunately as my cars are both diesel and the gear boxes will be different. Look on a few of the oil suppliers websites and see what grade is recommended based on your registration number. Our Ibiza mk4 TDI...
  6. keep dropping out of 5th

If it has never had the gearbox oil changed I would change that and also get the linkages checked for alignment.
  7. Scraping sound when accelerating

Gearbox ? If it has not had a gearbox oil change then worth doing as doesn't cost much and what comes out is often like black water or treacle and not much of it on older cars as not many people ever bother to check the gearbox level or replace it.
  8. Which code reader?

I have a collection of crappy ebay OBD dongles that dont work....I wasted hours with them. I should have just bought a branded dongle in the first place :)
  9. Brake disc size?!

The spring helped me identify my brakes, Thanks :)
  10. Altea XL 1.9 TDI lacking power - it is as though the turbo isn't doing much

I have a problem with a 2007 Altea XL 1.9 TDI with about 137K miles on the clock. It is a BXE engine, I know how bad they can be but this one still has conrods intact :) It is as flat as a fart. Ok when around town but no go for overtaking or up steep hills. it is as though the turbo...
  11. Which code reader?

I like Carista, not sure about a Leon Mk1 though as I use it on a 2010 Altea XL which has more recent ECU etc. £15.99 on amazon for the dongle with a 30 day trial of the paid version, remember to cancel the free trial if you decide not to pay for it.
  12. New Member from Hull

Welcome to the forum. I am just down the road near Beverley :)
  13. Ibiza tailgate won't open

I had the same problem with my 2006 Ibiza, search you tube for " Seat Ibiza boot lock stuck closed " and there is a guide. On my car the actuator mechanism was slightly loose and also needed lubricating, I held the actuator in a better position with some tie wraps and it is perfect now...
  14. Sealing Garage floor

I would use diluted PVA, a 5 litre container of PVA from screwfix etc is only about £10, or waterproof PVA is about £20. Give the floor a good stiff brushing first and maybe pressure wash it if there is enough fall/drainage and leave to dry for a few days. If the brick walls of the garage...
  15. Will a VW RCD310 radio work in a seat rather than a Seat RCD 510 ?

Thanks :) I did buy an RCD310 on ebay, the VW version with black display with white text and it looks great, I will install it today and see if I can get everything working as I also needed to order an antenna cable that has just arrived in the post so I will get on with it. will post pictures...
  16. Will a VW RCD310 radio work in a seat rather than a Seat RCD 510 ?

Might be a daft question I know. I have a 10 reg Altea XL with the standard crappy Grundig I think it is radio, I hate the radio. There are many VW RCD310 on ebay, will that work with my Seat as I don't like the red display of the Seat RCD310 ? Thanks for any help. (Thread title has an...
  17. Brake disc size?!

I am having the same problem and none of the PR codes on the sticker in the boot or manual mention brake size, so I am stuck. Anyone know how to identify from VIN number etc ?
  18. 1.9tdi gearbox oil change….

Sometimes you need to rotate the wheels to move things about in the gearbox. Or maybe you unscrewed the wrong drain plug? Our 57 reg altea XL with 124K on the clock when bought only had 0.5 litres in and the gearbox had badly worn bearings as the garage the previous owner had used never...
  19. Newbie signing in

Hello. Just joined so saying hello :) Cars we have at the moment are: 06 reg Ibiza 1.9 TDI sport with about 106K on the clock. ( needs to be sold as we dont need it) 57 Reg Altea XL 1.9 TDI Stylance with 136 K on the clock. 10 Reg Altea XL 1.9 TDI SE with 75 K on the clock. None of...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.