Search results

1. What are you using...

I have used Gyeon Q2 Trim and preferred it to Gtechniq. Trim dressings seem to be either easy to apply and don't last long or are long lasting and a pain to apply properly. The only other Gyeon product I have used is their Q2 Tire dressing and again I preferred it to the other tyre dressings I...
  2. What are you using...

If you are not using a glass cloth, that will help. Another tip is too clean vertically then horizontally which can help in getting to the spots we all invariably seem to miss. It is always a very awkward job and takes some patience to get it cleaned to an acceptable standard, I'm sure you will...
  3. What are you using...

Your theory is wrong, Legojon...........you need to buy a lot more products :thumbup:
  4. Yet another hot hatch comparison

Very wise words, indeed and needed to be said. We all have different requirements, opinions, priorities, expectations and preferences in cars and even similar divergence in the same model of car. The look of the Type R is certainly not to my personal taste. However, each to their own and all...
  5. Mystery letter from Seat

I had read that, theoldboy and I have absolutely no problem with his sarcasm and it wouldn't matter if it was personal or not
  6. Mystery letter from Seat

:hide: Sorry Scrogg, I've been out changing the gears manually whilst driving a Cupra 300 for the last 9 months.:drive1::hide:
  7. Mystery letter from Seat

If SEAT are planning to drop the manual gearbox It will definitely be my last SEAT. It has been mentioned in another thread that VW are only fitting the DSG box to the Golf R, so that is ruled out also. I really do hope that this is not a sign of things to come. If only DSG boxes are going to...
  8. Anyone Cupra Owners gone from 19" wheels to 18" wheels

That happened to me a few times when I had the 18" FR wheels on in winter. The car became a real wolf in sheep's clothing and very few realised what was lurking under the bonnet, until it was too late.
  9. What are you using...

I forgot to mention in my previous post an APC/degreaser that is very powerful yet perfectly safe to use on rubber. It is made by Bilt Hamber is called Surfex-HD and is water based. It is normally diluted and is therefore very economical to use. It can also be used domestically e.g. cleaning a...
  10. What are you using...

I have used C4 in the past and cleanliness is absolutely vital. Any surface that you wish to coat with C4 must be spotless for good adhesion. When applied properly it does last a long time which might not be a massive benefit if you don't keep the car for long. If you are looking for something...
  11. Cupra 290BE Bucket seat white trim cracked!

Has anyone had the same or similar issues with the material(s) used in the 300 seats? The fact that this has occurred in the first place causes me to believe that they may well be unlikely to learn from their mistakes on earlier versions. Nevertheless, for me at least, it's not so much about...
  12. Anyone Cupra Owners gone from 19" wheels to 18" wheels

I run 18" Nokian tyres in winter and 19" Michelin PS4S in summer. The 18's are definitely more compliant but unless you compare the same tyres on both sizes of rims it's difficult to give a definitive answer due to differences in sidewall stiffness. If I were buying 18" summer tyres I would not...
  13. I’ve cancelled My Cupra......

I was considering a new Golf R as my next car but not after reading this. I differ from xyz as far as the number of doors is concerned. I need a 5 door car as my parents are now elderly. I have no issues with those who prefer DSG but I personally would not buy one. I want a car with a manual...
  14. First time polish/wax - advice please!

You will get dozens of recommendations, some of which will undoubtedly be better than others. Nevertheless, if you use products that are well thought of in detailing circles (even then there are many different opinions), most people won't find a vast difference in the finish. The biggest...
  15. First time polish/wax - advice please!

Unless your car has scratches or swirls you will not need to use a polish. Basically there are two types of polish, one is simply an abrasive used to remove said swirls etc. the other has abrasives but also fillers that are used to mask the swirls and scratches (within reason) Polishes on their...
  16. First time polish/wax - advice please!

Dampen your foam applicator and with Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax a little goes a long, long way. If you found it difficult to remove, chances are you applied it far too thickly. I have used it a number of times on a few different cars and have found it to be one of the easiest waxes to remove...
  17. Seat Mii - General Thoughts

I have experience of the 60ps Citigo and the VW Up, 90ps. The Citigo was surprisingly adequate as regards performance, although you do need to work it. The 90ps engine in the VW however, is considerably more flexible and is a much more relaxing car to drive. I also found the Up to be quieter...
  18. What tyres did your Leon come with?

It may have been a tyre test that I read. I think they changed the compound for 2017 but cannot be certain as I simply don't remember where I read about. Sorry I can't be more specific.
  19. I’ve cancelled My Cupra......

I am also surprised more people are not looking elsewhere.
  20. Fuel cleaner help?

I used Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax in the past with good results when I was running diesels. They definitely had a little more oomph and also were smoother, quieter and used less fuel. Whilst I cannot comment specifically on petrol additives per se, if I were in your position I would not...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.