Search results

1. '& Son' managed

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Did the 6-year service on the Leon. All went smoothly, with a nice bonus that I was able to remove the oil filter by hand, without having to resort to any of my selection of 'removal' tools - offering 3 levels of butchery/desperation:LOL: This time the service included swapping tyres from...
  2. '& Son' managed

1.5 tsi reliability

The transition between ACT coming in and out again is seamless on my Golf 1.5 DADA - and to be clear it also operated like this before the remap. It seems to work well and predictably, so I've never had cause to have an issue with it.
  3. '& Son' managed

300 tires and LSD

Not trying to be smart at all, but perfecting throttle modulation at take-off or when exiting corners will help make the most of whatever traction you've got and will reduce tyre wear, which will also save you some cash. As to tyres themselves, Michelin PS4S often get recommended and Goodyear...
  4. '& Son' managed

1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

Just had my 2019 Golf 1.5 TSI serviced by the same company/guy that did the Stage 1 remap on it some 15 months ago. The car has done just shy of 24K miles and has been going very well, with no known issues, warning codes or anything. We discussed beforehand about replacing the factory spark...
  5. '& Son' managed

DSG Help

Errrr....wasn't a 1.5 TSI EVO was it? :eek::LOL:
  6. '& Son' managed

Rear shocks, archliner out or not?

For sure the misting damper is no big thing, but he's the type that wants everything to be 'right' and so he won't relax about it until it's 'fixed'. Naturally, the garage helpfully supplied a quote to replace it, (unsurprisingly) listed within the service/M.o.T. invoice - but to be fair the...
  7. '& Son' managed

1.5 tsi reliability

Can be checked in 'settings' on the central screen - it offers the options of 'Euro' litres per Km along with 'Imperial' MPG and 'US' MPG. I agree it's highly unlikely that anyone would have set it to 'US' gallons, but it is possible. More to the point, any 1.5 TSI should of course be...
  8. '& Son' managed

Rear shocks, archliner out or not?

Dad's now 5-year-old blue Leon had it's first 'Advisory' during an M.o.T. yesterday for a misting nearside rear damper. Given that it's his 'retirement' car that has done less than 11k gentle miles from new he's not too impressed as from his POV he's not had this issue before with previous...
  9. '& Son' managed

1.5 tsi reliability

Not trying to add to the chaos but one possible factor that's not come up is that the fuel economy readings can be set to display MPG in either 'normal' Imperial gallons, or the smaller US units - which of course would lead to lower figures being displayed. If everyone already knew this then...
  10. '& Son' managed

Quick 3 month/2k mile update - the 1.5 TSi remap is still performing very well, although still not had an opportunity to try it in properly cold conditions as yet. One small 'glitch' that it didn't do before is sometimes the cold idle will gently bounce/flutter between the usual rock-steady...
  11. '& Son' managed

I assumed it was an inadequate fuelling issue as most do - logically enough given the symptoms experienced. Unsurprisingly, these engines are set-up for ultimate fuel economy/lowest emissions, so it seems margins are squeezed a little too much to ensure always perfect performance. However...
  12. '& Son' managed

Finding an indie tuner/remap outfit with a decent track record and good rep in your area seems the strongest option - worked for me so far. Asking a few searching questions beforehand will help confirm if they understand what you want and know what they're doing. In any case they should be...
  13. '& Son' managed

I'm a fan of Diagnose Dan and have seen his vid where the walnut clean is tried on an older/high KM TSI-engined VW. Can't see how a 4K-mile old engine would be needing this though - maybe CN's garage has just run-out of ideas/other options available to them. Interesting about your previous 1.2...
  14. '& Son' managed

From what I've read, VAG consider engine code DPCA to be the proper fix for the DADA, so little surprise that there isn't an official upgrade for this engine. I did ask the VW dealer at the time, (early 2020) which TP number was applied, but they didn't tell me. Pinnacle tuning stated that the...
  15. '& Son' managed

Thanks for the acknowledgement - I'll post some more details if anyone's that interested. Earlier this evening I did my first 2nd gear 'hoon' full-on acceleration. The lower ambient temperature of 18 deg. C must have helped, as the Performance Monitor 'KW' gauge hit a 'steady' high of 135...
  16. '& Son' managed

We had discussed what sort of remap I was looking for, I said that I wasn't too bothered about fuel economy, nor extracting every last HP at the top end - but did want the 'peaks' of max. power and max torque to be as far apart as possible. My thinking was to achieve the broadest spread of...
  17. '& Son' managed

I'm raising this thread from the year-dead as there have been some recent developments with my 1.5 TSI, (150 EVO, code DADA) Golf that may be of interest to others on here with SEATs using the same engine. A quick recap to save people searching, my late 2019 Golf had a mild case of hesitation...
  18. '& Son' managed

Wheel colour refurb help

White gets my vote
  19. '& Son' managed

The fact you can feel/tell at all when the car goes into 2-cylinder mode indicates there is something wrong with it, aside from all the other poor-running symptoms. The only way I can tell when my 1.5 Golf is in 2-cylinder mode is when the display informs me, certainly the car makes no noise or...
  20. '& Son' managed

Reads as very similar to my experience on my '150' 1.5 litre Golf. What little hesitation the car has left after the update/fix rarely happens at all and then only for a few moments after a cold engine start at slow speed in 1st gear. It's now such a minor thing that I can easily live with it...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise