Search results

1. daniel_ley

1.5 etsi DSG high revving / slow to change up?

The issue with the revs increasing a lot when you go downhill is intentional. It's called 'downhill assistant' and will keep the engine in a lower gear to help you control your speed. Only works as low as 3rd gear though.
  2. daniel_ley

Front Assist

The radar is for the autonomous emergency braking system. The same radar is used for adaptive cruise control for vehicles which have it fitted.
  3. daniel_ley

Front Assist

I've had a look at the photos on the listing, and no this won't have adaptive cruise control as it does not have the separate stalk for it (only the indicator stalk is visible on the left side of the steering wheel).
  4. daniel_ley

Fog lights flash with indicators

How bizarre.
  5. daniel_ley

DSG automatic handbrake

I wouldn't say there is a need for the handbrake to automatically switch on when the shifter is put in park because: A) It automatically switches on as soon as the ignition is turned off and B) Also automatically switches on when the door is opened. So either way it'll turn itself on when you...
  6. daniel_ley

ACC & Camera-based assistance systems retrofit completed today.

If you have adaptive cruise control, you cannot choose whether it's adaptive or not.. therefore if it de-activates due to bad weather, you have no fall back to traditional cruise control anymore. It's either adaptive or nothing.
  7. daniel_ley

ACC and/or LaneAssist user experiences

Lane assist seems pretty good in the Leon. I hear plenty of experiences from people who drive other cars and say it's so intrusive they have to turn it off but I've never felt that way in my car, they seem to have it set up just right. High beam assist is great, but can sometimes be a bit slow...
  8. daniel_ley

Full link - way to use it with no cable?

You can leave your phone plugged in as long as you want without harming it, modern iPhones have sophisticated battery management systems built in which prevent them from overcharging or damaging the battery.
  9. daniel_ley

Ice on the inside of windscreen

The condensation/slow clearing of the windscreen is perhaps my biggest bug bear of the Leon. I've never owned a car before with such condensation problems. I'm on my second FL Leon and they're both exactly the same. My air con is never turned off as the climate control is always on AUTO. But...
  10. daniel_ley

Parking Aid - 2017 FR Facelift

Yep this can be enabled with a device such as Carista
  11. daniel_ley

Buying leased car

My 2017 Leon went back to Seat in June last year and as it was a PCH I had no option to keep the car at the end of the lease. My partner really wanted it, so he spent the next two months actively searching for it for sale on Autotrader and one day had his luck and found it one day in August...
  12. daniel_ley

Start/Stop Error / Juddering

Having very similar issues with my 2020 1.5TSI DSG oddly enough.. along with an EPC light every now and then, got it booked in for diagnostics!
  13. daniel_ley

Automatic hazard lights with reverse gear??? Is it possible??

What about all the other times when you want to go in reverse but don't want/need hazard lights on? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
  14. daniel_ley

Seat Sound Retrofit Kits

We made a 6 hour round trip to Kieran (East Yorkshire Retrofits) to have Seat Sound installed (along with a digital cockpit) and can confirm it's highly worth it! :cool:
  15. daniel_ley

Issue with driver's door not opening

Yeah I think we may have to try that, although the issue definitely has never happened when the temperature is warmer, consistently happens when it's cold so I'm hoping it's unrelated to the indicators!
  16. daniel_ley

Yeah it's definitely still locked, there is no movement from the door at all and you can't even hear it unlocking.
  17. daniel_ley

Anyone ever had issues with doors not unlocking/opening? Seems to only happen when it's freezing cold but lately on my partner's 17 plate Leon the driver's door won't unlock and can't be opened from the inside or out. For the 3 years I owned the car from new I never had the issue so seems...
  18. daniel_ley

Electronic Parking Brake

This has definitely happened to me once or twice in my previous 2017 Leon. The electronic handbrake disengaged itself without me realising and I found myself rolling forward into a car parked in front of me, luckily I noticed and stopped!
  19. daniel_ley

Contaminated Windscreen

Cheers, yeah the ones I've ordered are Valeo as I remember always seeing them as a recommendation on here! Will give IPA a good go then with some elbow grease and see how I get on.
  20. daniel_ley

Contaminated Windscreen

Thank you. Will try this too. Will keep the wipers safe in their box until I'm certain I've made all efforts to try and clean the screen first!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.