Search results

1. Manufacturer recall on my 2017 Cupra

Evening, I received a letter today advising to contact a dealer as my late 2017 Cupra 300 has a 94M1 outstanding recall on it. It does not give any further info, so I have no idea what issue this recall actually relates to. I'll give them a call on Monday, but in the mean time I was wondering if...
  2. "0 Miles" Range

I never understand this logic. Why are you going to get any more debis & sediment than through normal driving? The pickup is in the bottom of the tank and surely sediment will flow around more easily with more fluid? I know diesel fuel pumps are lubricated by the diesel fuel, but not petrol...
  3. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Is just a residue so appears quite quickly. You should be able to rub it off OK, but it can leave unpainted coloured plastics a bit faded as you have found.
  4. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Is from acidic wheel cleaner / TFR (traffic film remover. A lot of car wash places use it.
  5. 2.0 TSI 190 DSG

It's the same engine as the new polo gti, so take a look into its reviews.
  6. Leon Cupra ST Carbon Edition Anyone...

I have been led to believe (though could easily be wrong) the the sensor in the lower grill would have to be changed if retrofitting ACC, as ACC uses a different one.
  7. Leon Cupra ST Carbon Edition Anyone...

I thought the evo review was (unusually for them) sloppy journalism with loads of inaccuracies. I think they were just trying to fill a few column inches in a hurry.
  8. Is anyone using Eco mode on their Cupra

Doesn't the 'eco' of eco mode refer to eco friendlyness (emissions) not economy?
  9. Cupra Locking issue

I think the lights only flash once all the doors are closed properly, so just keep an eye on them and they'll flash when the last door closes.
  10. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Lane assist is useful on the motorway, particularly when you are tired or if it's dark/wet etc when your viability is impaired. I don't think it's really aimed at use on a normal 2 way road with parked cars & stuff in the way to have you fight against the system. :drive2:
  11. Strange noise on Cupra 300.

I get the noise and thought it was the lsd just making a noise when doing low speed manoeuvres on full lock due to the tension from the wheels on each side being at very different speeds (percentage wise).
  12. Bonnet release

It's the same on skoda (at least our octavia). The big problem is that they overlooked on rhd cars - if you have a flat battery you can pull the cover off the driver's door handle and use the key to open it manually, but you cannot unlock and open the passenger door to release the bonnet and get...
  13. OBDeleven modifications

Following up from my comments on another thread earlier, my 67 plate cupra 300 took the audi change with no errors. The car has ACC and I performed the change using VCDS.
  14. Lowering springs Cupra vs FR

Looking at the Web site my deductions are: Eibach list two spring kits for the leon mk3 with independent rear suspension. The spring kit E10-15-021-02-22 for the cupra (among others). E10-15-021-01-22 is the other kit. The 2.0 diesel seems to be listed against both kits, so it depends which one...
  15. Cupra 2.0TSI engines reliability and impressions?

These are very strong engines They seem over engineered for 300 bhp. Look up on you tube the 75 Yr old with a 2014 golf R. He is running 600 bhp with a different turbo and fuel pump as the only hardware changes as far as I recollect. The only issues I have heard of with these engines were there...
  16. Odd DCC Suspension behavior... Help!

Sorry to hear your news. When I was in TPS Milton Keynes they advised £180+vat each for the front shocks. Were the wheels out of balance at all?
  17. Seat Sound v Golf R Dynaudio

The dynaudio and SS are very similar in sound (I imagine the main difference is the badging). I find the std golf 7.5 setup OK, but a bit wearing after a while, though it's better than the mk7.0s. Have a listen and do whatever your ears tell you is right.
  18. Odd DCC Suspension behavior... Help!

No, I'm in Brackley. I just have the joy of occasional visits to Bicester for things in relation to the kids. I had Tyre Warehouse here in brackley balance the wheels. They are a good independent I've used for a few years that know what they are doing. They were doing a full geometry setup on a...
  19. Odd DCC Suspension behavior... Help!

The one thing I have learnt from all this is to be ultra cautious on the roads around Bicester! They are some of the most shocking of the area and that's saying something!
  20. Odd DCC Suspension behavior... Help!

Hi, yes my issues read the same as yours and I had no wobble in the steering. That's why I suspected it was something rather more serious. Maybe it's the softer damper setting in comfort mode with the stiffer cupra springs is just very sensitive to slight anomalies in balance allowing the...