Search results

1. depresion

Intresting review of the new Ibiza Cupra on Pistonheads.

What's not to like about a 7 speed race 'box developed to be better than you could be? vtxracer intresting results on that I see they are over the 184ft/lb right the way through to about 6k, (6000 rpm and 210bhp would be 183.82ft/lb) so even if the map pegged back the torque at the lower end...
  2. depresion

12v Car power socket to 240v AC UK plug Invertor

Do any of those need a 240v AC output to charge them, or can you not just use 12v adapters? I'd probably look for a minimum of 150w on the offchance you look to run a laptop off it at some point and idealy a true sine wave not square wave output if you can get one as some things have a...
  3. depresion

carbon....wrong or right???

Carbon on Yellow looks good IMO but I'd say it needs to be the real stuff or it will look cheap. This is on my Polo Colour Concept but that has the yellow and black leather seats so it's more of a theam
  4. depresion

Front Spacers

I'd rather tell people these things and let them make an informed decision, I'm thinking of starting a site to summarise 4 years of university study on the subject into bite sized advice. It's just a question of time.
  5. depresion

Front Spacers

From a safty point of view spacers on the front are a very bad idea as is will impact the scrub radius. The front suspension geometry is designed so that the SAI intersects the road outside the center of the contact patch of the tyre, so that in the event of a puncture the drag on the wheel...
  6. depresion

ibiza styling

I wouldn't deal with them, as they messed me around big time, took my money and sold the parts to somone else, then eventualy refunded the money.
  7. depresion

1.4 into a 1.2

Err, why? It will cost a fortune to insure as an engine transplant compard to swapping the car. As I always say engine transplants are only worth doing if you are putting in somthing you can't get off the peg, parts labor and insurance will almost always make it more expensive than swapping the...
  8. depresion

Quarter mile/ 0-60 times.

What's happend to T Spark?
  9. depresion

HIDs too bright...

Err how many mm to a m? 1% of 6m would be 60mm
  10. depresion

shreading Tyres

Sounds most like excessive toe, or nackered bushes letting the toe change under acceleration/braking. Or you are driving like a loon.
  11. depresion

UK road legality of trackday tyres?

When I was speeking to hoosier at autosport they said that they don't have any UK road legal tyres.
  12. depresion

dump valve

"reversed 007"?
  13. depresion

IIRC VAG test at what they call 1/2 load (or did back in the Mk2 golf days) so that's equivelent to 2 up with a decent sixed case in the boot. This may have changed though.
  14. depresion

My best run is a 15.5 but with a lot of extra weight to drag along (me). (FR TDi just about as below).
  15. depresion

Mk5 alloys on a Mk4

Did somone say 17" alloys for sale? :)
  16. depresion

Forge 007 DV v Bailey DV

You may have problems with unburnt hydrocarbons in the exhaust gas. Runing rich is less damadging to the internals than running lean, I wouldn't expect any long trem engine problems from it but your cat won't thank you (or wouldn't if you had one).
  17. depresion

Forge 007 DV v Bailey DV

If you replace a recirc valve with an atmo one then you are letting out air that has allready been meatered and recorded by the ecu, so it's fueling for the aomunt of air it expects to be there, some of which isn't.
  18. depresion

Little Help

The reset is hit and miss if the spanner isn't on at the time (so if like me you service more often than recomended it will almost allways come on after the service).
  19. depresion

need help removing mk4 side strips

I've seen some photos (posibly on tunedbe) with them off and it looks realy good (actualy isn't there an ice blue on TH lines in Scotland that has removed them?).
  20. depresion

Black Ploom of Smoke TDi

I don't realy want to sugest turbo bearings.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.