Search results

1. SEAT Altea 1.6 Spares/Repairs

Hi, My car is up to sale are spares/repairs due to head gasket going. It runs and drives well but I don't want to spend anything on it. The drivers window does not work, cv joints are going and the is a dent in left rear quarter panel by the light cluster. MOT runs out tomorrow. I changed the...
  2. Engine swap?!

Thanks for you reply. I have since decided that it is a waste of time. also as you say it an expense and I that I am not that committed to bother. Spares and repairs when the MOT runs out :D
  3. Engine swap?!

Hello All, Me again and I have had the head checked and it has s**t the bed. Can anyone recommend any Petrol turbo engines that can be swapped straight in?
  4. Altea 1.6 Headgasket issue

Cheers Katy! I might just do that maaate :D
  5. My Cupra Mk1 daily to track project

Car looks nice :D
  6. Altea 1.6 Headgasket issue

Yeah I have cleaned it and and it returns :)
  7. Altea 1.6 Headgasket issue

Good morning everyone, My car has had a lot of mayo in the oil filler for about 6 months and it seems to be getting worse. The car is running really well and is not using any water. Before anyone says its from short journeys I do between 20-25 mile trips when I drive it as I live in the sticks...
  8. Oil breather hose

Thanks mate. I am in touch with Mike to sort of the part :)
  9. Oil breather hose

Hi All, Can anyone guide where I can buy the oil breather hoses running from the rocker cover area? The hose has perished and the fumes are coming through to the cab. I am very grateful for any advise.
  10. Radiator has gone need advice!!

Hi everyone, Last night I broke down and my car lost all of its was and just about overheated-There is corrosion on the bottom left hand corner Are the radiators easy to replace? There is so much plastic to remove and I don't want to bugger anything up! Has anyone had this issue? I need the...
  11. Brake light issue

Cheers matey! What a lot of pissing about just for some bulbs!
  12. Brake light issue

Thanks for the reply mate! I have since realised that I was given the wrong bloody bulbs at GSF! I was given single element bulbs and not the twin. Looks to me all resolved for the time being!
  13. Brake light issue

Thanks Robin
  14. Brake light issue

Hi everyone, Both of my rear light stopped working the other day. So I bought the bulbs and fitted them. The old bulbs looked ok but the pickups looks melted? Once I had fitted the new ones they worked for a short time and have since failed. I have not taken them back out yet. From what...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members