Search results

1. Door mirror upgrade

dont think its been done
  2. central locking

this is winding me up, basically the door ajar light is on , i have changed both the drivers lock as well as the rear passenger as i was having an intermittent fault, i have disconnected cleaned and inspected every connector for each door in the pillars and they are fine . i can use the...
  3. Steering alignment light

tun it off and back on then go for a little drive up the road then lock to lock ....failing that it will need plugging in to a vagcom
  4. 4 Litres of oil gone in 1k miles - This is the reason I got

true 4ltr in 1000 miles is excessive! . i didnt catch that in the post , so just assumed they took a look, seen the drip on the boost pipe and sussed that as the leak im thinking either a split pipe or the sump plug isnt seated properly because thats not normal!
  5. Remote unlocking

sounds like somethings broke or sticking , i ended up just buying a new door lock
  6. Altea Stylance central locking issue

can you /have you checked through the vcds system?it should tell you whats happening
  7. Rear Door Card removal advice please

undo every screw ,pull off the speaker cover , the door card pops at the bottom and sides then lifts up .
  8. 4 Litres of oil gone in 1k miles - This is the reason I got

where near the drivers side? as the boost pipe going into the intercooler leaks oil from the engine breather , which is normal and not excessive . from what i can remember the difference between 5w-30 and 5w-40 is the 5w-40 is thicker (dont quote me though) so only thing i can think of is a seal...
  9. New old member

my old username was paul white . but seems iv lost the email address attached to that account and cant remember the password
  10. how do i get the discount?

i would do but i cant send pm's at the moment as this account is too new :(
  11. alloys

hi peeps im interested in some alloys for the altea . thinking about getting some mercedes 18" rims but was wondering if i would have to lower the car? or would it look fine without lowering? pics are welcome
  12. Brake light issue

mine are single element , but duel voltage, ....i think , ended up finding them at my local garage instead of ebay-specials which dont seem to last long, im gonna do some research into led bulbs in a bit
  13. Brake light issue

its a common fault. mine go quite frequently, think it got to a point where i was swapping out bulbs every 3 months. iv cleaned all the contacts since which seems to have helped (been 4 months now at least):D
  14. how do i get the discount?

sorry if this has been asked before.... iv just had to re-register on the forum (lost email adress) anyway i already have adrien flux insurance thats up for renewal and only just seen that i could get a discount? how do i go about it?:)
  15. New old member

Hi folks its been a while nearly 4 years lol .... nothings changed much :-) still got the altea and she is purring like a kitten, had the remap done back at 30k miles and have been enjoying it ever since!(63k) now im looking at doing some other bits and bobs so thought id come back to check out...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.