Search results

1. myk3

Quickie Port and Polish anyone?

its a joke, i didnt belive that after i read the first post. i new he was bullshitting
  2. myk3

ibiza k04...gt28rs soon to be (PICS)

dont go gt2676r, its a a miss match. 3071r should be nice
  3. myk3

DPJ's GTRS Eliminator Install and Development

yah you should see a slight gain and better spool i would think, turbo may sound a bit louder too
  4. myk3

DPJ's GTRS Eliminator Install and Development

that atp 3" adapter never used to be like that! did you order it with the ticker end? or have they changed it? i thought you currently have this new TIP fitted? or is it currently clamped around a smaller inlet adapter?
  5. myk3

Ian B's APR S3+ Mk4 Golf for sale!

loverly car but 14k is way to steep! I have had a lot of work done to my car, engine and had a GT2871R turbo kit made and fitted, gearbox rebuilt, clutch diff etc. as annoying as it is you can never get the money back for mods. worth a try i guess! i dont think ill be selling my car...
  6. myk3

My GT2871R manifold pics off car

yah i changed to the de cat, and a few other things, the turbo spool a bit quicker now and up top is a hell of a lot faster. ill have to get a cutom tune and have another good look for leaks
  7. myk3

i see what you mean, but it looked pretty free flowing when i took a look inside
  8. myk3

we took the kit off yesterday to change some gaskets and a few other bits and i got a few pics of the manifold off the car. they are very bad phone photos! the flaky stuff is just paint. all welds look strong and the metal is very strong and thick. the manifold, DP + decat pipe option, TIP...
  9. myk3

my equal tube mani, dp, intake, De cat pipe option and turbo exit pipe to meet the eurojet pipe costed me £1100 inc vat. this is for my t25 gt2871r setup. there based off junk 3 on the m25. race power motorsport. 01732 886622 is the number give them a call and say michael forwarded...
  10. myk3

Safe way to make exhaust smoke to detect leak

yah did that max torque, found a few but to test the actuall hot mani i need to get under the car. i am going to make a pressure tester for the xhaust and then i can test when the system is cold.
  11. myk3

there are 100s of great reviews for sea foam on the net and cant find one bad, only ones that are bad are poeple who do things wrong. it all sounds un healthy trying to make smoke out the back end but can be a simple way to spot a leak. there isnt much room for me to feel about on my setup.
  12. myk3

the great way the yanks detect an exhaust leak is to put some sea foam which is an engine cleaner that is taken through a manifold vacuum line which creats a fairly large ammount of smoke out the exhaust. this will also pour out of any leak in the exhaust system. is there any other product...
  13. myk3

Spark Plugs problem...

BKR7E NGK is 1 step colder than stock
  14. myk3

Spark Plugs problem...

use BKR7E NGK copper plugs gapped to around 0.28 change every 5k miles with oil change
  15. myk3

will these rods and pistons fit?

yes the 20mm scats will work if you are going to bore to 83mm whic his a near 1.9. i would no stroke IMO so the scats will be fine, as said above use JE 83mm custom pistons.
  16. myk3

ok cool! i guess a way to test ya vacs will be to clamp them all then do the same test you did before.
  17. myk3

yah i know what you mean! but i dont think it will do any harm, im so sure all the vortexers do it!
  18. myk3

big port head

no but if and when i upgrade my intake manifold this is what i will do!
  19. myk3

yah thats a great idea! the best way to do it is pressurise from after the MAF and block off the PCV system. this way you can check leaks on the intake side and all the vac line will be under pressure so you can spot a leak like that too!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.