Search results

1. Turbo Pipes question

I've got a leak I believe from the turbo and will be replacing the two coolant o rings (wht003366) on the pipes. However, can anyone tell me what the pipe is for at the top of the turbo? Is it an oil feed? (Btw that's a pic from the internet, where they already removed the torx for the coolant...
  2. Wiper motor reset after changing

Do you mean this (circled red) ? As in rotate the linkage round in that direction and so it sits against the metal "stop" (circled blue)?
  3. Wiper motor reset after changing

Thanks for this. We ended up figuring this out in just the way you described. The only difference was that we didn't see an arrow marker on the motor spline or linkage to match them up. The linkage was rotated into the "up"/"park" position, the grooves on the arm resting plate were made sure...
  4. Front passenger wiper won't park properly

Got it sorted! Ended up being that the motor had to be connected on its own only, and allowed to move freely with the wiper signal on. Then the wiper was turned off, and motor unplugged, the linkage attached (without moving the motor spline too much) and fitted into the car. Maybe the motor...
  5. o/s wiper not working

Hi, I *might* have the same problem. Is there a chance you could repost this diagram? Thanks!
  6. Wiper arms not working correctly

On my Seat Leon 2010. Passenger side linkage was broken during spring change. Replaced linkage connected to old motor, this worked but the wiper arm was banging against the pillar Swapped in the new motor (in case something wrong with old one). Then passenger side wiper wouldn't move, just a...
  7. Front wipers stopped working!

Hi, did you manage to get this fixed?
  8. Wiper motor reset after changing

How long did yours take to learn the position? My situation is: Replaced linkage connected to old motor, this worked but the wiper arm was banging against the pillar Swapped in the new motor (in case something wrong with old one). Then passenger side wiper wouldn't move, just a clicking sound...
  9. Wiper woes

Did you get this fixed in the end mate? Was it a reprogramming issue?
  10. Windscreen wipers

Did you manage to get this fixed? My passenger side has stopped working because: Replaced linkage connected to old motor, this worked but the wiper arm was banging against the pillar Swapped in the new motor, and passenger side wouldn't move, just clicking sound and driver side going to service...
  11. Wiper motor reset after changing

Hi Did you get this fixed in the end? I have the same problem!
  12. Front passenger wiper won't park properly

Thanks for this reply. I'll try that later in the week. Someone else had a look at it, and said there might need to be an adjustment on the linkage bars (there's a spline on that too). I'll let you know if it is that.
  13. Front passenger wiper won't park properly

I managed to get one from a scrapyard, just had it fitted by them.. but now it hits the column on the passenger side of the car! It doesn't stop a little distance away, and then "park" when you turn off the wipers. It's like it's going to the "park" position each time, which is more noticeable...
  14. Front passenger wiper won't park properly

Cheers for that last tip. Trying to source a passenger side linkage is tricky, only found a few on eBay, and some have the bolt already sheared off! There's loads and loads of driver side ones in comparison. I hope the model numbers on the linkage don't have to be exactly the same as what...
  15. Front passenger wiper won't park properly

Many thanks mate! Will try to do this as I'm hesitant to take it back to garage who are denying any damage, and wanting to charge more to fit the linkage, which I've had to purchase
  16. Front passenger wiper won't park properly

Thanks for your reply! So you don't need to access anything underneath the car to remove or fit it?
  17. Front passenger wiper won't park properly

Same thing happened to me, but yet to fit the linkage. Do you know if it's just the scuttle panel that needs to be removed, and can the new linkage and motor be fitted from above the bonnet?
  18. Knock when turning sharp (car park)

I'd like to see the video also, or at least a description of where these bolts are, so kbps which ones to check
  19. Mystery coolant leak

It started smoking quite badly today, whilst creeping up hill in traffic in the rain. It's worse when I'm moving slowly, but not sure if that's just because the steam/smoke just dissipates when going faster. Managed to pull over and check, and it looked like it was coming from under that...
  20. Mystery coolant leak

Many thanks for this. Yep, giving that 'hose' a squeeze me me realise it wasn't a hose and I can feel the wiring inside. Could there still be a radiator leak even if the pressure test showed up as not losing pressure?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.