Search results

1. Ibiza 1L DSG is finally here!

DSG is great, I prefer to run it in S mode at all times as it reposns better and labour less and to me the fuel consumption is a bit better especially as its hilly here. I find start/stop scary on mine ie it stops when the car is in motion when wanting to turn right so often switch it off. Have...
  2. Scary START - STOP

Thanks for the offer but but too far, will spk to my local garage who do my other car Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Scary START - STOP

Scottish Borders ie could travel within the Carlisle - Edinburgh - Newcastle triangle.
  4. Scary START - STOP

ofcourse an option but I dont want to pay for the equipment to do it.
  5. Scary START - STOP

I have no issues with the thought of a start-stop on my Ibiza DSG Mk6 car, in fact quite like it BUT there are some issues that IMO are dangerous. I have had a few close calls where I have wanted to turn right from a busy major road onto a minor side street only to find the car cutting out while...
  6. Fuel Consumption :-(

A manual then??? Still driving in Sports mode myself n getting 43-ish at mo, odo at 4200 miles now n still great fun, amazed how fast it is considering only 115bhp. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. CD Player Ibiza FR

Dropping ACC ! - that is wierd as its a cracking safety feature and a perfect match with a DSG box, I use it 75-80% of my driving (ie when cars ahead are slower than I like to drive). The dual aircon is available via the Spring pack.
  8. Thinkin of buying..

Drove a Citigo for 3 years with the 75bhp, liked engine and worked fine when it hit 3000rpm but always felt it lacked power as it has a capable chassi. Was loking at the UP GTI but delays in accepting orders so go the FR 115DSG and its nicely brisk (think its about 100kgs heavier than the...
  9. Fuel Consumption :-(

Just done 600 miles over 3 days up the Scottish west coast across to Inverness and Elgin and then down south through the glens, you can hence imagine the type of roads. Reset all fuel logs before I left. Drove almost exclusively in S mode and used ADC most of the time. A road speed 40-65...
  10. Fuel Consumption :-(

A basic P shape, widely available on EBay , paid £4-5 for a 5m length. Easy to fit. BUT clean with meths n preheat/warm sticky side with a hairdryer. Easiest to fit it from outside so that you get a good line. Cut at angle at start n end. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Fuel Consumption :-(

Interesting, my local driving is hilly which do not help of course. Will do a trip in a weeks time and will again aim to stick to speed limits and use adaptive as much as possible (which I do anyway) so will see what happens. Milage now 2200 so shoudl be well run in, suppose some engines perform...
  12. Fuel Consumption :-(

I stuck to the 17's for comfort and think they look great on the white car, (and am not keen on 2 tone alloys myself). Ride very good and cheaper tyres too. DSG box and adaptive cruise is BRILLIANT and adding adaptive to the list when speccing the car is a must. I think climate control also a...
  13. Fuel Consumption :-(

Fuel consumption for my FR 115 DSG is not what I expected ie a lot lower at only 38-39mpg. OK I do shorter trips ie 3-10 mile trips locally but still. Done a few longer trips at leasuerly speed and still not over 45mpg. Am now testing to run car in Sports mode as an alternative to the basic D...
  14. Blank Infotainment Screen

My unit misbehaved for about 2 weeks and then settled down and behaves perfectly !
  15. Side Skirt Residue

Nearly EVERYTING under the car is metal and will in time start rusting to various degrees.
  16. Car back from the garage....

I personally prefer no shiny plastic at all due to the added reflections it creates when driving, never mind the problems scratching it so easy. yes its fashion at the moment but hopefully go very soon. Should maybe but some car wax on it n let it just dry matt, no glare and added scratch...
  17. New Ibiza owners: Did you have any issues with the car so far?

Apple CarPlay cuts out sometimes and Start stop cuts in too early (IMO) every so often. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Added some garnish to FR

Tidy stuff! [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Added some garnish to FR

Bit more garnish added, matt film on rear bumper Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. couple of weird things

Interesting as I set my 'induvidual' to eactly the same but only tested it yesterday properly. Needless to say response is great but there was a definate reluctance to change into 7th gear even at above 60mph (even at 70) so used manual paddle to move it on. One thing I noticed is that it was a...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.