Search results

1. How old are we Cupra owners?

56 and Cupra tdi is slowest car of the mad bunch. Agree with LouG. Never too old for the internal combustion engine. Please bring me more horsepower...
  2. SEAT Reveals its First Sports Car Under the New CUPRA Brand

Looks pretty hot to me. If it leads to a production model with blistered arches and light weight what's not to like?
  3. CUPRA Ibiza, will they won't they, would you?

Yeah, nowt more to say....
  4. CUPRA Ibiza, will they won't they, would you?

Yes, but why do they look fast? Because in the sixties fast cars had two or four pipes so they became associated with fast cars. Much like the headlight arms race where they just seem to get brighter we need more exhaust pipes to be impressed. Maybe the next Bugatti will have a continuous...
  5. CUPRA Ibiza, will they won't they, would you?

But you get my drift - when a small car like an S1 or a Golf R has four pipes what will Ferrari have to do? Eight? I know it's all about looks and probably always has been but it's getting a little out of control don't you think? I'm just old-fashioned I suppose
  6. CUPRA Ibiza, will they won't they, would you?

Should a car with a small four cylinder engine really have four exhausts? Originally exhausts took gases from each bank of a large engine but exhaust pipes seem to have multiplied recently. Shouldn't there be a rule about power for each pipe? Tongue in cheek I know but when my 620bhp Skyline...
  7. Calliper bracing tubes for AP Racing brakes on Cupra

Excellent. That's given me two options. Many thanks for taking the trouble mgrays and DScape
  8. Calliper bracing tubes for AP Racing brakes on Cupra

Many thanks, that would be very useful
  9. Calliper bracing tubes for AP Racing brakes on Cupra

Hello everyone I am missing one tube/bolt from one of my Seat Sport/AP Racing callipers. Does anyone know whether it makes any difference on the road - I don't take it on track. I have a bolt but can't get hold of the bracing tube that goes between the two calliper parts Any help gratefully...
  10. Mk4 1.9tdi teething problems!

So how did it go? Is it all back together for the quoted price?
  11. newbie with a high mileage cupra!

Thanks. 2005 but seems much younger
  12. newbie with a high mileage cupra!

Hi Long time lurker here. Ibiza cupra tdi still going strong at 151,000. Top end rebuild and new turbo a few years ago but bottom end seems sound as it uses no oil. How long can these engines last? Winter tyres still seem ok now the warmer weather has set in for the season Don't see any...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members