Search results

1. kgp280

2017 Leon Cupra - Turbo actuator sticking, needs entire new turbo?

Hi QTom I had a problem around 4 months ago with a fault code 15202 turbo actuator sticking and a EPC light on the dash. This would only come up when the car was cold and when the turbo was coming on boost for the first time. If the code was reset it wouldn’t appear again until car was stopped...
  2. kgp280

New Front Tyres

Yeah I would agree with you on the old variants of the Conti tyre ie the 5s and 6s. But decided to go with the 7s, after reading reviews and wanting to try out a different brand. I’m glad I did, not only are they cheaper than the PS4S but as I mentioned early for grip and general road handling...
  3. kgp280

electrical fault.

Fair point Andy. Tks for the info👍.
  4. kgp280

New Front Tyres

Yep I’ve been running the Conti 7s on the front now for around 3 months. Great tyre 👍just as good as the PS4s IMO.
  5. kgp280

electrical fault.

Oh no that’s no good news.😩 Wonder if the new AGM battery has been over charged by the BMS and is now damaged. Especially as it wasn’t coded when fitted. As mentioned in earlier post AGM batteries are sensitive to overcharging. If the BMS thought the old battery was still installed, it would...
  6. kgp280

electrical fault.

Cheers J. Glad you got it sorted👍 and happy to have helped. Coding and different battery tech is all well confusing. Long gone are the days of flat battery out and a new one in. 🤪
  7. kgp280

electrical fault.

If the alternator is ok then maybe it’s something to do with the Battery Management system. Was the battery a direct replacement for the one that was removed🤔 Ie AGM or EFB battery tech. Both are stop/start batteries but have different charging attributes with the AGM being more sensitive to...
  8. kgp280

Crazing/micro-cracking headlights

Hi Are you sure that’s not dust that’s got inside the light unit and stuck to the inside of the lens. They look like the lens on my car and it’s defo fine dust that’s inside my lights. Its a known fault with the earlier led headlights. My car is a preface lift and was told it’s to do with the...
  9. kgp280

DAB ariel amplifier

Hi Wilto Your problem with the DAB radio sounds exactly the same as I had a couple of months back. I plugged Carista into my OBD-II port to read any fault codes and it came back with a fault in the media system . VW fault code 0013, which searching on line is DAB Antenna amplifier open...
  10. kgp280

Failed MOT

Had to get my seat belt replaced due to it fraying. 🤬Check link below. 👍Can’t remember it costing £300 thou’. Replacement was done at a Seat dealership. https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/frayed-cupra-seat-belt.452992/
  11. kgp280

Fan Washers

I think you get heated ones if your car has the winter pack. 👍 Otherwise as standard they are non heated.🤔
  12. kgp280

Fan Washers

Alrite Jack I have a used but good non heated genuine fan style washer, with the torx adjustment screw it’s free to a good home 👍. Pm me your address if your ok with that and I can post it to you. I know it’s only 1 but will save you a few quid. I ordered a set of heated OEM ones off ebay...
  13. kgp280

Scuffed Cupra 300 Alloy

Nice Job ? Looks a lot better, big improvement on original post with the scuff marks?
  14. kgp280

Decent 18” Tyres for a Leon FR 2.0 TDI DSG 230ps

Good choice you won’t be disappointed. ? They are a excellent tyre.
  15. kgp280

Decent 18” Tyres for a Leon FR 2.0 TDI DSG 230ps

Michelin ps4’s or Goodyear f1 supersports. Michelin’s last longer and are more expensive but it terms of grip found them both on par with each other.
  16. kgp280

New 2020 OEM Quality Chrome Car Badges (Group buy)

Hi Scott. Better late than never but tks for sorting out the chrome badges. Great quality? I think ? I’ve had it attached to every conceivable place on the car before deciding to go with a similar place as Jimbobcook had his in the photo minus the mankey fingers prints?
  17. kgp280

Scuffed Cupra 300 Alloy

+1 on the Halfords lacquer. Seemed to get the job done for me as well?. Just go easy on the wet and dry. Don’t try and take too much off in one hit. It’s worth masking up where you don’t want to sand, prevents you sanding areas of the alloy which are ok.
  18. kgp280

Scuffed Cupra 300 Alloy

Nice job Sochaux.? Did a similar repair on mine a few months back. My results weren’t perfect but unless you really study the alloy you can’t see it. ? Can only see the repair in a certain light it’s very slightly a darker shade. I did spray the lacquer on after masking the area off. Got a...
  19. kgp280

Revo

I didnt have the Revo DSG map done. Read that some had reported it being abit clunky on downshifting. Yet others have said it does make a big difference to power delivery. But in my case have always been happy with the way the standard gearbox map has worked with the extra power so couldn’t...
  20. kgp280

Revo

Don’t know much about Unicorn. But would defo recommend Revo. Not cheap but worth it, bhp figures pretty much as advertised. Can vouch for that as had the car on 2 different set of rollers. One of them being an independent garage with no affiliation to Revo. The oil temp protection software etc...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise