Search results

1. Crumpy

Best MPG's - Cupras

Cupra 280 65 plate and on a run from SE London to Leeds (220 miles) i normally get around 36/37mpg. Thats at 70/80 the whole way. Like has been said its not an economy car but it's nice to see you can get reasonable mpg on a long run and then set your pubes on fire when you want to play.
  2. Crumpy

Chrome Grille Trim

Yeah, you can peal off what you don't want if the plasti dip is thick enough from around a badge or something but been the grill you will end up with is all in the grill and its a pig to get out of that! for the sake of 10mins masking it i would.
  3. Crumpy

Chrome Grille Trim

i would still mask it mate, over spay will leave speckles all over the place. or at least it did when i painted my bro's grill!
  4. Crumpy

Chrome Grille Trim

It's easy enough to mask off with some decent painters masking tape and spray on the car. i did my brothers Ibiza FR and the finish was good. Easier than taking the bumper off thats for sure!
  5. Crumpy

The ultimate front splitter thread

Anybody on here know where this splitter is from and where to buy? i personally think this one looks awesome, particularly the extensions to the bodywork left and right of the main grill, makes the front end so much more aggressive. cheers
  6. Crumpy

Black SEAT Badge options?

Yeah good shout, make sure its the good stuff.
  7. Crumpy

Black SEAT Badge options?

Plastic dip them, basically is a sticker then so can peel off when you need to, thats how I've done mine. just make sure you mask up the surrounding area well enough so don't get it everywhere and put enough coats on so that it does peel off correctly when it comes to taking it off. tin of black...
  8. Crumpy

New Cupra Owner - general questions and thoughts

Yokohama Advan Fleva on my 280 that the previous owner had put on. can't complain though good tyres in wet and dry. fair price for 19'' from what i can see online too.
  9. Crumpy

Distance / Wheel spacers for FR

literally never heard of this happening to anyone who's fit spacers, properly. but i guess its a risk you take.
  10. Crumpy

Distance / Wheel spacers for FR

i have these on my Mk3 cupra 280 and they fit a dream. i had 12mm all round before that Motech put on it but the rear wheels could do with a bit more and the fronts rubbed! thats on stock DCC suspension. so bought the sets above and am well happy with them. really good quality, you get the...
  11. Crumpy

Rim Protectors & Black Alloys

I have mine black powder coated and got a very good deal from Trans alloys in Yorkshire. paid £300 for all 4 19" fitted and balanced, all in. in terms of protection, i had some stick on rim tapes and one came off on the front on the motorway and left marks all over the front wing! (i did put...
  12. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

ok cool, thanks
  13. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

So the spacers come with standard bolts, can i use the standard locking bolt or will i need to source some extended length locking bolts, presuming the latter?
  14. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

I think so yeah, i know the splitter would look sweet, thats next i think, fancy the Maxton one i think. heres a pic of it with the wheels painted and a bit more side on. def low enough in my opinion.
  15. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

This is probably the best shot i have to show the spacers, this was before i had the wheels powder coated black though. these are the 12mm front and back, like i said though i think the back could be wider and the fronts rub a tiny bit on that plastic bit that sticks out of the arch.
  16. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

Yeah i think they just make the car look meaner, stock all cars look too narrow in my opinion and too high. Some might want it lower but I'm not a huge fan of slammed cars, i like them to just sit nice and i think with the spacers and the stock ride hight the Cupra looks perfect. mines a 280 on...
  17. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

Do these come with a locking nut in the box mate? and if so, will it be the same front and back? i've just ordered some. cheers
  18. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

No stock high i believe, but with the spacers the wheels fill the arches nice. plus i think the cupra's are low enough in my opinion, nice equal gap around the whole wheel. i'm gonna order the 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers though i think, should be perfect then.
  19. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

Nice one thanks
  20. Crumpy

Wheel spacers.

Hey Damian will these go straight on to the Cupra then? what bolt type is required as thats an option on the site? cheers
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.