Search results

1. Smoki333

Brakes driving me mad!!!!

Had the same issue in the past on my previous BKD after new calipers...pedal would sink even though no air in the system but I was using the two person brake bleeder. Got my mechanic to do it in the end, he used a vacuum bleeder but bleed them prefect while the car was grounded. I have read...
  2. Smoki333

Sticking Caliper and problems with seat dealer

Since it's not even been 30 days I'd stay on at them! Unsafe to drive really with it heating up... What condition are your pads in? I recently had a binding caliper after replacing my rear pads which turned out to be the handbrake cable lever on the caliper....took the cable off and gave the...
  3. Smoki333

Help needed.

Replace battery in fob..
  4. Smoki333

Spare / Back up key, cheapest options?

Second this...Top job, Bentley style key and cheaper than any one else.
  5. Smoki333

Replacing rubber door seal

How did you get on doing this as its some thing I need to do.
  6. Smoki333

LCR brake bleeding problem

I've just had a similar issue on my mk2 leon where I replaced my osr caliper including new pads both sides on the rears. Bled the system with an ezibleed one-way valve, an my pedal just didn't have the bite it used too. I was worried I had knackered the MC too, in the end my mechanic to...
  7. Smoki333

Before and after H&R springs

Perfect drop, sits much better! Are they 19's also sport line springs?
  8. Smoki333

Mk2 Leon door seals 2007

Any luck sorting your leak mate? Do the inner door skins haven a seal like you mentioned as I can't remember seeing one when removing mine. I did notice my rubber seal that runs around the body of the car frame was worn though an holding water which look like it was causing a leak into my rear...
  9. Smoki333

Headunit issues...Wire colours

We'll I decided to wire in a switched live feed from the fuse box which took 5mins rather then spend 40 on another bit of kit.. I hardly use My steering controls and as I went for a touch screen double din I might as well make the most of what I have. If i didn't already have everything needed...
  10. Smoki333

These are about £40 aint they? Mine fascia come with leads already surely the should work
  11. Smoki333

I'm replacing my oem stereo with a double din unit in my 2006 mk2. Stereo doesn't seem to be getting power an read that the factory unit doesn't have a switch live wire. Where the best feed for this? Also does anyone know what wires are what on the factory unit plug. Brown - earth Yellow/pink...
  12. Smoki333

gearbox oil

I think I read somewhere that the oem spec oil was possibly 75w 80 I think.. If the gearbox oil has never been changed then it's defo worth doing....the crap that come out of mine was unreal, I'm on 100k now. Defo improved my changes. I was recommended fuchs sintofluid 75w
  13. Smoki333

Carista app - Android

Cool, what features have you added/changed?
  14. Smoki333

passenger door unlocks OK with VCDS

I'm having a similar issue, double click to unlock all doors but my nearside rear door doesn't unlock (can't open from outside) Once open from inside first then will operate from outside as normal. Seems the mk5 have this issue too an like said above replacing the module solves the issue.
  15. Smoki333

Pre Face Lift Rear Lights

Tried a heat gun on them an seem to have no effect, started to worry I'd melt them. Any tips for drying them out?
  16. Smoki333

Pre Face Lift Rear Lights

Is this a common issue with condensation inside the lens as one of mine are the same...thought I would remove it an try dry it out which did nothing.
  17. Smoki333

Carista app - Android

Some decent features I'd like to activate...someone must of used the app
  18. Smoki333

Lazy starting bkd 140 mk2

I take it thats a main dealer job, Cost? As its software will it wipe my remap?
  19. Smoki333

Lazy starting bkd 140 mk2

My leon mk2 bkd 2.0 16v is lazy starting when hot, ive read is a common problem.... some say battery, starter motor or crank shaft sensor. Ive tested the battery which come back good so looking at replacing either starter motor or crank sensor. Does anyone have links to guides for replacing...
  20. Smoki333

keeps cutting out while driving

Any luck sorting this issue? a friend is having the same issue with his tdi. He thinks it showed a earth problem so had it checked at SEAT and so say redone but still cuts out.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.