Search results

1. Losing coolant and Intermittent Starting Issue 2002 1.9 TDI

Thats the thing mate, no overheating, no white gunk on the oil cap, and no. smoke from the exhaust. Also, the engine idles pretty smoothly too, maybe a little off in the first few mins from a cold start but still firing on all 4... Heres another thing, after todays events i let the engine cool...
  2. Losing coolant and Intermittent Starting Issue 2002 1.9 TDI

Thanks johan. I am starting to suspect HG also although there is no mayonaise on the oil cap. Sorry guys this is a bit of a long one but trying to explain whats happened the best i can. Since starting this thread I added in some K-seal to try and fix the leak, but after, it was still leaking, i...
  3. New owner of a 1.9 TDI Toledo

Well after I've got those issues sorted I'm considering EGR delete/bypass, whichever is the best route, I just wonder how it will effect my emissions for the MOT, I know that if the delete is visible it's an instant fail due to the new rules in may 2018 but I'm all for pro-longing the life of...
  4. Losing coolant and Intermittent Starting Issue 2002 1.9 TDI

The car was bought privately and unfortunately something tells me the seller is not going to be of much assistance since they already have lied about the car not having any faults.
  5. New owner of a 1.9 TDI Toledo

Hello all, Bought my ASV engined 02 1.9 TDI Toledo with 98k on the clock just over a week ago, lovely car to drive so far, but there's a couple of issues I need to address. If anyone has any advice please see my thread on the Toledo board. Thanks
  6. Losing coolant and Intermittent Starting Issue 2002 1.9 TDI

Hello everyone :) I purchased this car just over a week ago and although it drives very well and the engine pulls strongly through all gears I have noticed a couple of issues I would like to address. The Car as above is an 02 Toledo 1.9 TDI with the ASV engine. Issue #1 == Losing a bit of...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.