Search results

1. Unlink wing mirrors

I don't have the big central display and I've not seen that option, when I've been poking about. I'll have a further poke. If not, I'll have to let computer trickery loose. Cheers Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk
  2. Unlink wing mirrors

Nobody? Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
  3. Unlink wing mirrors

Altea 1.6 diesel 2010. When I adjust the RHS mirror, it also adjusts the LHS one. I believe this is a standard feature, but it is a **TOTAL** pain in the arse, because I often want the LHS in one place, but if I adjust the RHS, I have to go back and redo the LHS again. Is there a way to...
  4. Switch off sat nav rns310

RNS 310 I'm baffled. How do I turn it off? For example; I'm part way through a trip and I just want to turn the navigation off, or it turns on when I next switch on the unit, even the following day. I can switch off the app on my phone, or a stand alone unit, so what the hell is going on...
  5. 7-speed DSG... Wallet death?

Thanks for that. I've found a few places to call within 15 to 20 miles (I'm in Leigh, near Bolton). Looks like my wallet will just get a flesh wound. Phew! Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
  6. 7-speed DSG... Wallet death?

2010 1.6 diesel 7 speed dsg, 87000 miles. I hope this isn't going to be expensive... Got home this afternoon to find the gear indicator flashing. It flashes in all positions. There are no other warning lights, or beeps and no clunky changes that I've noticed and there are no codes showing...
  7. Exhaust back box 1.6 altea

That's handy. Thanks. Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk
  8. Exhaust back box 1.6 altea

Hi, I got an advisory for the back box and need to replace it. Looking online, it seems I have a universal box fitted. The standard box look a lot larger (and costs a shedload more). Am I ok replacing it with another universal box? There are no emission problems and the car can get a shove on...
  9. Changing battery question

Cheers! Thanks for the info.
  10. Changing battery question

2010 1.6 diesel DSG. The battery has given up - looks like it is the original... 2 questions: I see no mention of radio codes needed for the satnav. It's the standard fit RNS310. Do I need one? If so, where do I find it/get it? There's nowt in the books and I don't have the means, of any...
  11. Music folder on my maps SD?

So... I tried a different stick... It worked. First I just put some files on and gave it a try. Worked. Next I copied the full contents of the previous stick, which didn't want to play, over to this stick, to see what happened. The file structure was the same: 3 levels. Wallopped it in and...
  12. Music folder on my maps SD?

The 310 was standard. I used a Sandisk 16GB stick, FAT32 with MP3s. The stick has no faults. There are about 20 folders - all on the same level, one has 4 subfolders. No viruses or other nasties and the files are not corrupted. Maybe I'll try a different stick?
  13. Music folder on my maps SD?

Hello, chaps, Before I start, I've tried searching the forums, but to be honest, the search wotsit is a bit bobbins... Anywho... Thanks to the kindness of Jimbobcook, I have a working map card for my RNS310. The only drawback is I can't have my music on at the same time. I have a 2010 Altea...
  14. Tree sap and car caps...

Meh... Sorted
  15. Tree sap and car caps...

Hi chaps! I've tried searching the forum, but can't seem to find an answer, so I'm just going to jump in and ask. I have a 2010 Altea and I'd like to keep it in nice nick, but the only place I can park is right under a tree. So, apart from keeping the car washed, I thought I'd get a cap, to...
  16. ¡Hola!

I'm from The North. I have a 2010 Altea. I'll mostly be lurking, but occasionally asking stupid questions... As you do.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members