Search results

1. Hybrid Advice

I'm just confused because there is no information out there from this decade. My k03s turbo and auq injectors are supposed to max out at 240 bhp with supporting mods, although some claim they can make up to 260 which is doubtful. They do a plug and play billet core for my k03s which is rated to...
  2. Hybrid Advice

Because I already have a 3" downpipe and a front mount. And by the time I spend on a downpipe adapter, manifold, turbo, feed and return lines and then have to adapt intercooler piping and get another silicone tip which would also involve upgrading to the 80mm maf housing and the re-scaling the...
  3. Hybrid Advice

Need some advice on a hybrid. Everything on Google is usually mk4 forums and it's all 10 years old. I'm looking for 280-300hp. The limits of my stock 2.75" maf is around 280hp. I have full stage 2 supporting mods and plan on upgrading to bam injectors. My first thought was turborebuild. They...
  4. People with powerflex -10mm drop mounts > Advice/pics needed

Could be the pins stuck on the offside front calliper. Might be worth giving them a re-grease. If it's stuck open rather than closed it's unlikely the disc is warped and causing the knocking. But it's all process of elimination. At least once you find the cause of the knocking, if you can...
  5. People with powerflex -10mm drop mounts > Advice/pics needed

A quick test you can do is jack the car up and try and pull the wheel in and out towards you, this will tell you if there is movement in the balljoint. After that take the wheel off the hub and try moving the hub up and down, I wouldn't have thought it will move as this is usually the problem...
  6. FMIC Advice Needed

Yeah my DV sits at an angle like 2mm above the rocker cover with my silicone tip on it. I was looking into making up my own kit so I know what you mean, Maf sensor boss, and a "self seating take-off" for the n75, wither welded into the charge pipe, in in most cases as I don't have a tig, screwed...
  7. FMIC Advice Needed

Well going off the pictures, there is only one silicone joiner that dropped in size in the whole kit and that's the one off the turbo. So either the piping from the turbo is 1-3/4" and steps right down to 2.5" the rest of the way which is doubtful. Or more than likely the joiner steps the first...
  8. People with powerflex -10mm drop mounts > Advice/pics needed

Did you take the strut out completely? If so just make sure they are seated properly into the hub. I'd take a look at the ball joints as well, they aren't that great tbh.
  9. People with powerflex -10mm drop mounts > Advice/pics needed

The point of the cup is just to allow the strut to sit higher into the tunnel. I can spin mine freely as well it's perfectly normal. Did you replace the bearings that sit under the bushes while you were there? And did you put plenty of grease on the bushings and surrounding surfaces?
  10. FMIC Advice Needed

It's an LC AUQ engine. The basic ebay kits have specs and they are 51mm pipes or 2". But I'm wondering if this toyo one is bigger. Because it has 2.5" inlet and outlet to the cooler and no stepdowns in the silicone besides the one out of the turbo. Looking at the pics it seems to step up from...
  11. FMIC Advice Needed

I've been meaning to install a front mount kit for a while but I keep getting mixed information. I've been told to stay away from the ebay kits as they have 2" piping which is basically the same as the standard piping and told they also have sharp bends which make them even worse of a product...
  12. Leon sport (early Cupra thing) R replica

From what I remember the side skirts just clip on to the lip underneath the cills. But a lot of people just glue them on with something like Tiger Seal.
  13. Leon sport (early Cupra thing) R replica

Yes the body kit is interchangable. But the cupra R front bumper has a metal piece that's part of the front grill to mount it to the front cross member, so make sure you get that with it. Ideally you want one with the metal cross member and all the grills or it starts to get expensive. *Edit*...
  14. Leon FR typical boost levels, leaking?

Diesel's run a lot more boost as standard compared a petrol. O.P Said his is the 1.8t though, so should be running more like 9 psi as standard. @Chaki That sounds about right, it's the way the turbo compressor map works on the k03s. It spikes at around 2.5-3k rpm and tapers off towards redline.
  15. AUQ fuel pump confusion SOLVED

It has spade connectors so it's basically plug and play. Or at most you'd cut the original connector off and crimp on a couple of spades.
  16. AUQ fuel pump confusion SOLVED

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/automotive-plumbing-solutions-high-performance-fuel-pump-fits-vag-1-8-20v-turbo-apsvag65v/?istCompanyId=a2904180-3a7d-4e56-b876-cf81c9512180&istFeedId=6fbc4b04-fd28-4ce1-8513-835c8f118690&istItemId=wptiirpti&istBid=t&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt7Srrd_96gIVh6ztCh0...
  17. AUQ fuel pump confusion SOLVED

Yes. A healthy new pump will be all you need if you suspect yours might be tired and want piece of mind. Your main upgrades for a good stage 2 will be a free flowing exhaust. Front mount intercooler and a large turbo intake pipe. I did some reading and some of the a4's were 4bar as standard...
  18. AUQ fuel pump confusion SOLVED

The pump is rated to flow a certain amount. I've seen certain tuners request a 4 bar regulator so they can tune with it. Basically the standard injectors for example will be let's say 300cc at 3 bar. But they would in effect be 400cc injectors at 4 bar. I'm not a fuel pump expert but it leads be...
  19. AUQ fuel pump confusion SOLVED

From what I read the LCR Pump was supposed to have better flow. If it's the same then there is no reason to upgrade, as upgrading the fuel pump isn't needed for stage 2. My advice would be to replace yours with a new standard one if you think it's going to hold you back. Or have a look at...
  20. Clutch issues

I had a similar problem recently. I'm not sure if the tdi has the same bleeder type as my cupra, but there is a t-piece near the slave cylinder with a bleeder valve on it. Check to see if it's wet around the bleed nippe. Give it a wiggle if you need to. I changed my slave cylinder, clutch while...