Search results

1. Hybrid Advice

Need some advice on a hybrid. Everything on Google is usually mk4 forums and it's all 10 years old. I'm looking for 280-300hp. The limits of my stock 2.75" maf is around 280hp. I have full stage 2 supporting mods and plan on upgrading to bam injectors. My first thought was turborebuild. They...
  2. FMIC Advice Needed

I've been meaning to install a front mount kit for a while but I keep getting mixed information. I've been told to stay away from the ebay kits as they have 2" piping which is basically the same as the standard piping and told they also have sharp bends which make them even worse of a product...
  3. Water on door sills.

Had the problem since a got the car a couple of years ago. Last on my list of jobs. Whenever it rains there is water on the door sills. Wet carpets and the windscreen steams up overnight. I've checked the inner door seals under the door trims and they've already been done with silicone by the...
  4. ABS Pump Bleeding?

Replaced the brake line from the pump to the nearside rear axle union today. Pedal seemed fine but when I started it up the pedal is hissing and there is barely any resistance there. I've read there's a procedure to actuate the abs pump with VCDS? I only have the free version of VCDS Lite with...
  5. Brake Line Part Numbers

While removing the rear axle today I had to disconnect the brake lines to the rear calipers. They were seized in place so I had to disconnect the back of the main hard lines next to them that run the length of the car. The driver side came out fine but the passenger side was seized to the pipe...
  6. Rear axle bushings cupra

Was on the motorway the other day and went over a gentle bump in the road doing about 70 and the rear end felt super loose and did not instill confidence. I've traced the problem to the rear axle bushes but there are 69mm O.D and 72mm O.D so I'm confused to which one I need. I'm probably going...
  7. Adding a KeyFob

My car only came with 1 key. Standard Seat key. Obviously the car has central locking because it unlocks and locks all the doors and boot from the drivers side door lock and has the function to take down and bring up all the windows if held in the unlock/lock position. I assume some came with a...
  8. Projector Upgrade Advice Wanted

Hey guys. I'll try and keep this as short as I can. I want to fit Projector lenses with some Angel eyes rings. I like the idea of Bi-Xenon's as I'd like the option to also use them for my Hi-Beam. As you know my Dipped and Main Beam are separate so I'd need 2 conversions kits to run 2...
  9. 2.0 Stroker Questions

Hey guys, I'm looking into a big turbo build. It's looking like I'm going k04-064 so I'll be doing the Rods first. It was recommended that I go for the stroker kit so I have a few questions. Do I have to buy the full Stroker kit for like £2500+ for it to work, and then go to some engineering...
  10. New Tyres Advice

Hey peeps. I've got a set of Toyo Proxes T1r's on the back and I was going to do the fronts the same but they seem to have replaced them with the TR1, which is Asymmetrical. I was looking at them thinking that they should make a left and right version because You'd end up with the stiff edge on...
  11. Clutch Problems 1.8t AUQ

Hey guys. I've been having some problems with my Clutch pedal dipping down to the floor. Clutch has been feeling heavier and so on. I have since removed the gearbox, changed the clutch, pressure plate and concentric slave cylinder. Bled the slave with a gunson easy bleed and everything is great...
  12. ABS Fault

Just replaced my front struts and my dash is lighting up like a christmas tree. I only had to unplug the abs sensor on the drivers side, I also made sure I put the brake wear indicator back into the pad on the passenger side. Car beeps 4 times when I turn the ignition on and keeps flashing...
  13. Dogbone Bush Question

Hey guys, my dogbone bushes must be on their last legs, since I've had the car it's been jerky when setting off and changing gear and allowing some extra movement in the exhaust system, plus the wheel hop and so on. I plan on getting a set of bushes this week and the other bush next week. Am I...
  14. AUQ Intercooler Advice

Going Stage 2 soon but plan on going big turbo eventually, something like a gt28-35. I've read that for standard k03s, a 550/225/63mm core is ideal, gives more low down punch and the same applies to smaller piping, 2.25" for the first half of the hotside piping to maintain low down initial...
  15. Leon Cupra Coil Springs

Could do with a new set of springs all round for the LC 180 AUQ. Front has sagged a lot. Anyone got the part numbers for the Front and Rear OEM Springs as well as part numbers for front and back OEM Shocks please?
  16. Oversized TIP Questions

Hi guys, I'm preparing my car for stage 2 and I want to do it properly so I can get the maximum out of the remap. I plan to install a full exhaust system, 3" decat to 2.5" from the decat back. FMIC, A decent welly cooler with 2.5" piping, not the cheap ebay kits. I uprated to a silicone tip...
  17. N75 Restrictor Questions

I was trawling through some old vw forum and I read something about a restrictor for the N75. I was just hoping to get some information about it and wondered if anyone had tried it and has any information about it. The process involves placing a 1.5-1.8mm restrictor into the pipe between the...
  18. 1.8t AUQ Lag

Just looking for a bit of advice on my cupra, it seems to have lost a bit of power and takes a bit longer than usual to spool. When I first got it it was hella aggressive and would pretty much spin going into third with a brisk gear change, Now it seems to be delayed when you put your foot down...
  19. Why is my LC so low?

It has the standard 16" bbs splits. 45 profile tyres looks to have stock front springs "black and rusty, look like the 17 year old originals. My dog bone, back of the subframe and sometime the back of the sump near the drain plug skims over some of the rougher speed bumps on my estate. Earlier...
  20. 1.8t AUQ AFR Install.

Hey peeps. I have a 2002 Leon 1.8t AUQ. I've recently found out that the car comes with a Bosch LSU4.2 Wideband 02 Sensor which is used in most kits these days. My question is can I just buy an AFR gauge and hook it up to my stock wideband? I've been reading around trying to get solid...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.