Search results

1. razmeister

Cupra 280 compatibility with later exhausts (i.e. 290, 300)

Location wise is okay. Only thing that is giving me pause for thought however is that you said it also has res delete....I'm after a stock 290/300 system.
  2. razmeister

Yes, please do share some pics. Whereabouts are you located? As that will also influence whether I can come or not. Cheers.
  3. razmeister

Hi @mjj4 - yes the stock 280 exhaust does have the additional silencer + resonator. These images were posted just to highlight the difference in the back boxes. Interesting....how much are you selling it for? Do you have any pictures? I am based just north of London. Btw, have just had a look...
  4. razmeister

Hello all, Does anyone here know if for the Mk3 Cupra, the later exhaust backbox (290, 300 etc) is compatible with the earlier 280? I have a 2014 280 and previously opted for a backbox delete. Initially I thought it was great but over time, the drone, while not that bad has become a bit...
  5. razmeister

Fitting Cupra R style Side Blades

Hi @Tinbum51, I got them from eBay, cost me around £220: They don't seem to be listed anymore but maybe this seller has others...
  6. razmeister

Annoying Rattle / Clicking from Rear (Interior)

Hi @m1chal_p , I've edited the original message with a new link: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/annoying-rattle-clicking-from-rear-interior.444958/ Hope you manage to find the source, these noises drive me mad!
  7. razmeister

So finally got the side blades on this weekend. A local guy painted them both for £80 which was good value and I fitted them myself using a combination of Tiger Seal and the supplied screws. Was a bit nervous screwing holes in the car but as it's an official SEAT part, I decided to go for it...
  8. razmeister

Lol! How long does it take to set? Is it literally instant or are there a few seconds to tweak / adjust? I'm notoriously bad for getting super glue on my fingers, will need to be extra careful! :eek:
  9. razmeister

Thanks @BigJase88 - wow, is it that tough? Will deffo get a tube. I think I'll still try one hole to see how easy it is. If it turns out to be super easy / barely an inconvenience, then I might put in the screws. Will update this thread once I've given it a shot. First step is to get them painted!
  10. razmeister

Thanks for sharing your experience @black_sheep, sounds like an absolute nightmare! Got any pics? Based on what you've said I think I'd rather give it go myself! Will check out the other threads and guides. Hopefully someone has given it a shot already.
  11. razmeister

Thanks guys! Agree with @JCB360 & @SteveGSXR600K1, it has to be referring to the head size and not the hole itself, will most certainly NOT be drilling a hole that big! @SRGTD am pretty nervous myself! Will look through my socket attachments to see which one fits. @Damo H, have looked into the...
  12. razmeister

I purchased some genuine SEAT side blades for my 2014 Cupra 280. They never came on UK Cupra models, apart from the Cupra R but the European spec cars did have them I think. Will pay to get them sprayed as they come in black plastic but then quotes to fit them also are a bit steep. Was...
  13. razmeister

Sideskirts for Cupra mk3 wanted

There's also these ones on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174799280833
  14. razmeister

Audi RS style Exhaust Tips for Cupra?

Quick update on my exhaust upgrade....so took my Cupra 280 back to EMP Performance to get the anti-drone pipes fitted and surprisingly they made the drone even worse! The car windows were vibrating! When I tried to explain this to EMP, they claimed that sound is purely subjective and they had...
  15. razmeister

Let us introduce ourselves!

Kieran (East Yorkshire Retrofits) )upgraded my old 5.8" MIB1 unit to the MIB2 8" unit recently (pic below). Got the USB port fitted in the glovebox which gives it a very clean and uncluttered look. Am very happy with the workmanship and also the professional service he provides. Really...
  16. razmeister

Got the Rieger diffuser fitted by Chiltern Bodyshop in Bedford. Really happy with the work and with the look. Kind of looks OEM+, menacing but subtle. Got the unpainted one and they matched it with the grey plastic around the numberplate. Thought that the gloss black one, while very nice, might...
  17. razmeister

Nice, looks like you swapped out the tail lights for the facelift ones? Easy to do? Mine are starting to mist up so probably a matter of time before they conk out.
  18. razmeister

Had a custom cat-back exhaust fitted by EMP Performance in St Albans. Very good service and workmanship. Comes with a lifetime guarantee too. My only complaint is that at certain mid-range RPMs (approx 3000), it's a little "boomy". Below and above this, it's definitely more fruity. I'll be...
  19. razmeister

Recommended Engine Oil for Cupra 280?

Personally, I get my oil changed every year regardless of usage. I may be paranoid but it's the only thing protecting your engine and over time oils can break down and thus offer less lubrication. Not sure how LL oils get round this. I have a Cupra 280 and used to have 5w30 oil. At the last...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.