Search results

1. Help me diagnose interior noises

I find the best cure for annoying noises is to occasionally drive a fifteen year old clunker. Then, when you get back in your new car, you then realise it's pretty silent and a lovely place to be...
  2. From rear 1 fog light to 2 fog lights

I've had mine three years and never even noticed there was only one fog light, unlike the reversing light travesty on the MK3 - just the one fitted and it wasn't even LED.
  3. Charging issue

So say if you had an electric shower fitted in your house, rated at 6kw and 22m from the fusebox, it would likely have at least a 6mm2 conductor - that flex has 2.5mm2 printed on side.
  4. Charging issue

It could also be the law of physics, the cable being too thin to prevent voltage drop over that length of run when the car connects, your house voltage might also be on the lower end of the supply standard.
  5. For anyone who owned an mk3 and upgraded

Just found out my new cupra will be coming with a five year warranty, so it sounds like VAG agree - at least for the Cupra brand so far...
  6. For anyone who owned an mk3 and upgraded

The MK3 I'd have again tomorrow. The MK4 looks nicer, rides and handles better but it's human interface and software is fundamentally flawed, which is something very difficult to get used to. They might be able to fix some of the software bugs, but you are always going to have to take your eyes...
  7. Are my tyres going to delaminate?

It could be faulty tyres but I'd also advise getting your four wheel geometry checked in detail, not just alignment but also camber and toe to ensure it's in spec. I had something similar happen on a VW some years ago, on that one the inside edges of the rear tyres wore in a saw tooth and those...
  8. Manoeuvre breaking

Likely one of your rear parking sensors has failed, so a warranty visit is required - make sure you tell them you've never used a jet wash anywhere near the car.
  9. Waze - Seat Leon FR Sport 1.0

You can, but they will charge for updating unless the update is related to a warranty fault - or wait until you have a service due and ask them to perform it during the service. Alternatively you can obtain it as a download from the forum sponsor, East Yorkshire Retrofits. I did the update...
  10. Rear washer noise

There used to be a problem on the MK3 where a hose connector would pop off somewhere inside the car, with all the water ending up under the carpet - no idea if they still use the same connectors but might be worth checking if any water is leaving the reservoir when the pump is running?
  11. Waze - Seat Leon FR Sport 1.0

Your infotainment software would probably benefit from the update, if only to make it more responsive. On the Waze problem then remember that it is the phone doing 99% of the work, the screen is just a dumb display for it. I've got Android but most problems I've found were down to the phone...
  12. Driver profile button gone missing - No cruise control either

Usual things to try are to hold the power button until the Seat logo appears, if no different then try a factory reset of the infotainment - might even be your driver profile and key bugged, I've had occasions with older software versions when I became a guest for no apparent reason.
  13. Seat Leon 2020 eHybrid check engine light

Sounds like they botched the ECU replacement. To my knowledge each of the modules in the car are updated and synced individually, if you replace one you have to ensure all the modules connected or reliant are compatible, then you have the issue of component protection to resolve.
  14. Cupra Mode shortcut

You could set one of the infotainment panels to driver profile, or try the voice control - although it will probably argue back.
  15. Voice control overridden by CarPlay?

Have you tried the wake word, 'Hola Hola' ? If that is turned on in settings then the car should listen without pressing anything, although I've never really gotten it to obey reliably - usually end up arguing with it, giving up and doing it myself.
  16. Used Leon problems

The infotainment might be at 1969, but it sounds like the individual car modules haven't been updated - the climate bug is one I used to get a lot. You might find the android auto is down to your phone, I've had to reset my phone before it would connect reliably. My lane assist intervenes at...
  17. 1790 software update under warranty?

The OTA updates have done nothing noticeable, other than the SOS update which got rid of the loud click noise in 5G areas. Your list is identical to mine, except the 1969 infotainment software version, but I had all the modules updated at the last service which made all the difference to many...
  18. 1790 software update under warranty?

You can insist the update is done during the service you are paying for, mine was always done without asking. But they won't do it on its own under warranty unless it's related to another fault on the car. Other than the infotainment system being a tiny bit quicker you won't notice any...
  19. Infotainment 1969 update

I meant to remove the battery from the vehicle, wait an hour and then retry the update.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.