Search results

1. Losing Coolant when AC is on

Hi I've noticed I'm losing coolant, but only when AC is on in my 2009 1.4 Ibiza. Coolant level was just under max, after running AC levels have dropped under minimum. This only happens when AC running. Any thoughts what could be the cause?
  2. Cooling Fan Problem?

Hi, I believe I may have a problem with the cooling fan in my 1.4 ibiza mk4 2009. I've noticed the fan kicks in for only 1-2 seconds before it switched off, after about a minute it will run for another second and almost immediately switch off. The process continues. You'd expect the fan to...
  3. Seat ibiza 2009 key fob won't lock or unlock remotely

Boot button doesnt do anything as well, i've tried various videos, forums for these cars but nothing seems to work unfortunately. I got the car recently so not sure when it last worked. Only got 1 key. Battery changed.
  4. Seat ibiza 2009 key fob won't lock or unlock remotely

it is, posted in the wrong section
  5. Petrol thirsty or faulty engine 1.4 (older gen)

I think its just condensation, it stopped once I had the car running for some time, It recently had brake discs and pads changed but worth a try, i'll jack it up and see.
  6. Petrol thirsty or faulty engine 1.4 (older gen)

It was serviced by the dealer I purchased it from recently (air filter , spark plugs , fuel filter) assuming they were replaced. I've added redex to see if that makes a difference, I feel i covered the basics. No smoke but there was quite a bit of water coming out the exhaust when first started...
  7. Petrol thirsty or faulty engine 1.4 (older gen)

Filled the tank to max Drove it around town like usually do Refill to max again. ( Litres / £ per miles done) Work out MPG. compare if mpg worked out manually is accurate to the avg on display I am aware mpg display can be inaccurate.
  8. Petrol thirsty or faulty engine 1.4 (older gen)

I've already calculated the MPG manually to see how much petrol is actually being used and if I can rely on avg. MPG shown on dash. The on board computer is fairly accurate, like you said might be 5-10% off which is fine with me. Having established the on board computer is accurate I now...
  9. Petrol thirsty or faulty engine 1.4 (older gen)

Out of curiosity, how fast are those miles dropping from the onboard computer, it seems i've lost 15 miles by travelling a mile to a store (no traffic) . Does that seem about right? . I rarely see it go up, just decreases.
  10. Petrol thirsty or faulty engine 1.4 (older gen)

Thanks for your response, I've recently filled the tank all the way to work out MPG more accurately, full tank showed 400 miles. I've done a 65 mile trip mainly on motorway and had an avg of 46.6MPG for that distance. I drove back to the petrol station and filled the tank all the way up again...
  11. Petrol thirsty or faulty engine 1.4 (older gen)

Purchased a seat ibiza mk5 2009 1.4 petrol , I've read a mixture of opinions but excessive fuel consumption seems to be a common issue with these older generation engines, got to a point where I can't establish whether there is a serious issue that is causing this I am not aware of, maybe faulty...
  12. MPG 1.4 Petrol 2009 Ibiza

Impressive , the best i've had was 47mpg over a longer distance. What year is your toca?
  13. MPG 1.4 Petrol 2009 Ibiza

I try to avoid driving on lower gears at all costs, I've noticed a big difference in fuel consumption for shorter trips. 4th for 30mph.
  14. MPG 1.4 Petrol 2009 Ibiza

That would make more sense, ill double check tomorrow but I'm pretty sure its MPG as thats all I focus on now . I try to drive in highest gears possible around town to save fuel.
  15. Seat ibiza 2009 key fob won't lock or unlock remotely

I'll give that a try tomorrow, thanks Jim !
  16. MPG 1.4 Petrol 2009 Ibiza

Recently bought a seat ibiza sport 1.4 petrol, and it seems my ibiza doesn't like low revs, for exmaple when driving down the motorway on 5th gear at 60mph my MPG seems to be less than when driving at 70mph (yes I am going by on board computer). Driving at 80 mph gives me more MPG compared to 70...
  17. Seat ibiza 2009 key fob won't lock or unlock remotely

Hi I've got a problem with my key fob for seat ibiza 2009 sport 1.4 (2008-2017) wont lock or unlock remotely. Its a 3 button key, same as for VW. I only have one key and i can only lock and unlock manually. Has anyone got a procedure how to program / sync the key ? I've changed the battery...
  18. Seat ibiza 2009 key fob won't lock or unlock remotely

Hi I've got a problem with my key fob for seat ibiza 2009 sport 1.4 (2008-2017) wont lock or unlock remotely. Its a 3 button key, same as for VW. I only have one key and i can only lock and unlock manually. Has anyone got a procedure how to program / sync the key ? I've changed the battery...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise