Search results

1. Rear Bumper (Cordoba 1999)

Nice Cordy, wish we got 2 door ones down under. In photobucket click on one of the other links under your picture and drag that over and it will appear as a picture. IMG Link I think it is.
  2. ibiza gti 8v brakes

Discs are the same part as Golf ones of the same diameter 256mm
  3. Scary SXE Toledo problem

Crank angle sensor is a poo to change, but its usually checkable by feling thewire going to it. They get cooked and become brittle. Wraping any exposed wires with insulation tape can prolong its life. Same problem as on the Mk3 golf 2L AGG Engine Code.
  4. Changing top mount bearings - spring compressor needed?

The ghetto way is to use the weight of the car to compress the spring for you and then jack the car off when it is undone. However, spring compressors are much safer
  5. ibiza and golf mounts?

Both VR6 rear ones fit with no mods.
  6. 020 to 02A (MK2 Golf but similar to ibiza)

You can fit the hydraulic setup pretty easy. You need a VR6 clutch pedal, slave cylinder and lines. Some cars have a rubber grommet, others will need a hole cut in the firewall to fit the master. You also need a brake fluid reservoir with an extra outlet for the clutch fluid. Some, like auto...
  7. MK2 VR6 what you reckon

I have built both a VR6 Ibiza and a 20VT ibiza. Both into Mk2s. If doing the Vr6, use the full subframes and widetrack suspension from the VR6, then it handles awesome. I reckon its b0llox about it handling rubbish. I`d use an early wiring loom with no coded key and plug it straight into your...
  8. 020 to 02A (MK2 Golf but similar to ibiza)

Yeah you can use the Ibiza cable setup and linkage on the box instead of the hydraulic setup. Yes it will make your clutch heavy, but you dont need to change the pedal or pedal box. Hydraulic is better, but more work.
  9. ibiza and golf mounts?

All the VR6 mounts will fit the Mk2 Ibiza. I always use the gearbox one as the VR6 one is stronger. The other 2 will fit, but are less crucial. Solid front one will add heaps of vibration if that bothers you.
  10. new gearbox but whistling sound?

He probably put in the wrong gearbox, maybe one from a 1.6, which is why it wont rev, but could be from anything 1.1L Golf, Beeza. Look at the bottom of the box and find the code and blokes on here can tell you what car its from or what ratios it has. Whisling could be tired diff. Does it...
  11. My Super Rare Cordoba GTi

Nice work on a rare car. Its hould be called PeeVee :)
  12. Scary SXE Toledo problem

Have you checked the coil? Look at night and you may get a light display! If the plastic has cracked, the spark arcs across and the car will randomly cut out.
  13. mk2 radiator(s) quickie

1.4 Ibiza with AC has the same rad setup as the Cuprasport, exits that side with one motorized fan and one powered by the belt. THe radiator is the same size as the 1.8 widthways, but may be a bit thinner. Dunno how many 1.4s youl find with Ac in Blighty, there are plenty down under Golf 3 VR6...
  14. Seat Powers Ahead With Sales Up By 15.5%

When are SEAT gonna export back to Australia?? They stopped in 99 but I deal in parts for them and VWs and people would buy the cars. Especially with spiralling petrol costs and the sucess of VW TDis down under.
  15. torn clutch pedal box

Replace the sheer bolts with normal bolts. 13mm head is correct. To get the old ones out I get a 1mm angle grinder blade and make one or twoi cuts in the old one, then turn it with a screwdriver. The heat from the grinder seems to loosen the threads. Just be careful with a grinder around the...
  16. torn clutch pedal box

The ball socket on the booster fits into a rectangular clip which clips into the pedal with 4 tabs. You need to get a screwdriver, or 2 between the clip and the pedal and lever whilst depressing the tabs. Easier if you take out the front seat, but its hard however you do it.
  17. torn clutch pedal box

Its an arse of a job. 2 screwdrivers and two people is best to release the brake booster shaft. The plastic clip has 4 lugs, two each side and it helps if you are double jointed. Good Luck
  18. Best mod you have done to your Beeza

Putting the VR6 in it :clap:
  19. Gear/Engine noise question

Find out how much a new box will cost you locally and go in and haggle.
  20. New project ( urgent help)

Yup, fuel pump is the same. Nice choice of Gearbox :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members