Search results

1. Drive system failure warning

1.4 EHybrid Fuelled up at Asda, after around a 30 minutes of driving I notice the car starts spluttering and jerking when driving. Then a message flashes up “Drive system failure” and “Engine speed limited to 4000rpm”. Parked up and restarted for it do the same again 20 minutes later with a...
  2. Hybrid self charging

Stuck this in the standard Leon forum too but mines actually a CUPRA. Had a call from the dealer warning me that if the battery charge drops to 0% for driving in electric then the car will refuse the start at all, even if there’s petrol in the tank. The tip for rapid self charging is to put...
  3. Plug-in Hybrid Self Charging

Had a call from the dealer warning me that if the battery charge drops to 0% for driving in electric then the car will refuse the start at all, even if there’s petrol in the tank. The tip for rapid self charging is to put the car into hybrid mode and set the power reserve manually to 100%...
  4. Steering wheel click when cold

Now the mornings are getting colder has anyone else noticed a loud rattle/click from the steering wheel area? Seems to be more so when turning left but either direction results in the noise. Almost like a ratchet but loud and rough sounding. Quietens down when it warms up.
  5. Drive mode

Mine does this too. It's clearly no longer in sport mode as the throttle changes. It does however still show that it is (button red and sport profile selected on screen). Seems odd.
  6. Clock, trip distance/avg.consumption occasionally reset

Yes. Seems to happen every few weeks or so. Thought it was the battery but maybe not. I'll tell them when it's getting serviced as it means having to set the clock each time.
  7. Does this sound normal for a start stop system when engine is turning on?

Mine definitely doesn't have the pronounced rattle yours has. It's not exactly silent starting back up and there's a slight judder, but yours sounds much louder on the video.
  8. Does your bumper pop and flex?

Quick question, somebody has reversed into the front of my Ibiza. Other than a slight scuff, below the silver grill and seat badge the bumper seems flex quite a lot and pop/click on the rim just below the chrome in the centre. Has something been knocked as it's not something I've noticed before?
  9. Aftermarket speaker upgrade on Seat Ibiza 2017-18

I have the Beats option. You have to have the spare wheel with the Beats upgrade (it's part of it) as the subwoofer sits inside it under the floor of the boot.
  10. Apple carplay

Go to settings inside Spotify and turn off ''Normalize volume". Turned on it reduces the volume across all tracks.
  11. Question about removed/upcoming options MY19

Is that new for MY19? My MY18 FR doesn't have red calipers. They're silver.
  12. MK6 Seatbelt safety issue

Mine is listed as being recalled, yet was delivered after the recall was announced.
  13. Engines/DSG availability

And FR Sport trim will have the virtual cockpit. @Scrogg What does the 'Spring Pack' refer to on the new FR Sport? Has the sport suspension been removed from the FR? The LED DRLs actually look quite unique in the standard headlights, I just think they should be brighter.
  14. Order Lead Times

As it's a new engine, hasn't a GPF always been fitted?
  15. Bonnet scrape from wiper arm

Renault, Nissan, VW, Audi, Jaguar Land Rover etc all have models across their range with the design for the reasons I stated above. Most cars now are designed this way. And you are supposed to read the manual before you drive the car in theory. There isn't really a design flaw here. Touch up...
  16. Bonnet scrape from wiper arm

Most (if not all) modern cars now have this design. It is in the user manual, explaining how to place wipers in the service position. It's for the purposes of safety and placing them under the bonnet line means less drag and better aerodynamics. ..and your point about flyers is why people...
  17. New Ibiza owners: Did you have any issues with the car so far?

Small rattle in the driver's door (Beats Audio upgrade so maybe more noticable as you can feel the speaker vibrate the door). When I try and pay attention to see where it's coming from it stops. Radar (Front Brake Assist) occasionally goes off for no apparent reason (maybe leaves etc.)...
  18. Bonnet scrape from wiper arm

No design fault. The wipers should be put in the service position before lifting. Most cars are the same. They need to be centered then they will lift. The purpose is stop the wipers being exposed, for pedestrian safety.
  19. Water dripping - Air con?

Does yours drip while the AC is on and running?
  20. Couple of questions...

In terms of rattles - the driver doors seems to be what most say rattles and mine does too occasionally. The Beats Audio speakers rattle the doors too (not with noisy vibration, but you can feel the door plastic moving quite a fair amount), so I guess it probably won't help.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.