Search results

1. saveoursouls

K1 Cupra Alloys - North West

Anyone selling any K1 alloys?
  2. saveoursouls

Audi A3 Donor Car - Parts Swap

Friend of mine is soon to five me his knackered 06 A3 1.9 TDI Sport 105 BHP. I have the exact same engine so plan to take the turbo as mines knackered. He's retro fitted S-Line seats to it so I'll be moving those over. Just wondered if there anyone in the know that would know as to whether I...
  3. saveoursouls

Tyre Recommendations

Looks like I need a set of front tyres ahead of next month's MOT. Thing is....I've only had them on since February last year, first time I've ever had tyres last less than 12 months. I do drive my car harshly but seems the tyres must be pretty soft. They're Yokohama Blu Earth, they've been...
  4. saveoursouls

CANBUS Reverse LED

Been searching the forums and haven't got far with this. I'd like to upgrade the reverse light, believe CREE Canbus LED is the way to go. Anyone have any suggestions? Mines a MK2 pre-fl that takes P21W
  5. saveoursouls

MPPS, EGR Map

I have been looking into using MPPS to map out the EGR. I have the vacumm line removed as to disable the EGR but need to map it out. I'm not looking for power gains as I have an issue with my turbo overboosting so any generic map would cause further issues. Anyone know how easy/difficult a...
  6. saveoursouls

LED Headlight How-To - CANbus Error Free

Thought I'd share my experience of LED headlights and getting them to be error free. Due to a kind donation of a set of H7 LED headlights by highflyingbirds this had been made possible. Parts used as follows: Twenty20 H7 LED 6000k Headlights...
  7. saveoursouls

Welder / Body Repair

Just looking for some recommendations on a welder in the north west. I've some rust on the driver side sill about 20 X 15 cm that will need cutting out as it's rotted and will then need patching. Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk
  8. saveoursouls

MK1 Westhoughton - Bolton

Spotted at westhoughton retail park opposite sainsburys. Very tidy and looked after. Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk
  9. saveoursouls

Danger - Pie Eaters Car

Think this belongs to you @Damo H
  10. saveoursouls

GT1646V Overboost - PD105

Looking for some guidance if possible, I went for a remap last year on a 1.9 TDI 105PD but couldn’t go ahead due to it over boosting. I was typically getting up to 22psi, I’ve gone ahead with a mr muscle clean on the weekend and I’m now getting up to 18.5psi My question is, what’s normal for a...
  11. saveoursouls

VCDS Wigan

I’ve removed the vacuum pipe to my EGR in effect disabling the EGR. Wondered if there’s anyone close to Wigan than would be able to map it out with VCDS? Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. saveoursouls

VAG Com

Hi, Just wondered if anyone in the Manchester area has a VAG Com that I could use? I believe there’s a fault with the ABS pump that’s stopping one of the wheels from being bled. Seats line is to replace the ABS pump but before restoring to this I understand that a reset of the ABS can resolve...
  13. saveoursouls

Dash trim removal

Hi, much to my frustration I have spent the day attempting to remove the trim around the clutch pedal (clutch return spring has come out). I’ve come the conclusion that I must have to remove the full dash as it all looks to be connected. Wondered if anyone has done this before and has any tips...
  14. saveoursouls

Which one?

I’ve not had my MK2 long but she’s caused nothing but stress with the amount of issues she’s had and continues to have. Long story short I’m thinking about a newer model, 2013 upwards and paying off over 4 to 5 years on hire purchase. My question is, which engine....I do the miles for a diesel...
  15. saveoursouls

LEDs, Halogens, HIDS, Canbus

I’ve entered this world of misinformation, bad marketing and compatibility issues. I ordered some Canbus 501 LEDs as to use as sidelights on a PF MK2 Leon only they don’t work! They work fine as interior lights so the Canbus system obviously doesn’t like them. I’m after a solution, one that’s...
  16. saveoursouls

Turbo Overboost / Mr Muscle

Went for a remap yesterday and on the dyno they noticed a couple of issues, one being a CAM sensor fault code and the other being that the turbo was over boosting. I’ve replaced the CAM sensor and the car seems to be starting quicker, there’s still an awful grinding noise just before the engine...
  17. saveoursouls

AirFilter Hose - Leon MK2 1.9TDI

Anyone know what the below is? I’ve seen it disconnected on a few 1.9TDI engines and after having the clutch replaced the mechanic had left it disconnected. My best guess is that it has something to do with the turbo waste-gate but could be wrong. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. saveoursouls

Interior Lighting

Hi, I’ve had a search but only found snippets of information on what I’m looking for. I’d like to upgrade the interior lighting on my pre FL MK2 to white light and in the future also add some ambient LED lighting in the footwells. Few questions I’m hoping someone can help with: - Which bulbs...
  19. saveoursouls

Key Fob - Cover/Repair

Had a search through the forum but couldn’t find anything on this. I have one key fob and a spare key without a fob, the key unlock button gets stuck sometimes and the key looks to be a bit pressed in and doesn’t feel tactile. I wondered if there’s a way to refurb the key, I’ve seen replacement...
  20. saveoursouls

Electric Mirror Issue

Strange one, if I move my right wing mirror from inside the car the left one also moves, I then have to move the left one as to ensure that both are adjusted correctly. Anyone else had this problem, if it’s a cheap fix I’ll do it but if it’s expensive or time consuming I’d be tempted to live...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members