Search results

1. New Cupra will have two variants

Was just reading the auto car article on the new Leon: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2020-seat-leon-launches-major-tech-gains-and-hybrid-power In the Q&A at the bottom Marcus says there will be both a plug in hybrid and pure petrol Cupra, looks like 306bhp at a minimum too.
  2. New Cupra 290 under reading distance

They're 235/35 19 which I'm pretty sure is the standard cupra size and how do I check about the winter tyre adjustment?
  3. New Cupra 290 under reading distance

Took my Cupra for a drive to see some friends over the weekend, it's a journey I've done it a fair few times over the years and I know how many miles it should be (81.5 according to google maps). Now I followed that exact route and when I got there the since start distance was only 78 miles...
  4. New Cupra noise when cornering

Hi guys, I picked up my new hatch a few weeks ago, done about 700 miles now and absolutely in love! I've noticed this strange noise when I'm cornering quick ish or doing a quick lane change. It almost sounds like massive stones are crashing into the side of the car (Maybe they are and the doors...
  5. Insurance too much!

Yeah the exact same thing happened to me, I was with Elephant though which is one of their group. I did a quote about 6 weeks before renewal and got about £800, renewal came through at 1700! Suddenly they'd all disappeared off the comparison sites, very sneaky business practices imo.
  6. Insurance too much!

Were you by any chance insured with an Admiral group company last year? They have a habit of disappearing off sites at your renewal time and giving you astronomical premiums. I'm 24 and just experienced that, e-sure ended up giving me a very quote and the price came down even more when I went...
  7. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Mines here :) I'll post some photos later. Went for a quick drive on my lunch - jesus christ I was not ready for that! Lit the bloody tyres up in 3rd!!
  8. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Aw I was actually hoping the Cupra wouldn't have that. My golf did and it used to drive me nuts, I'd come to a stop the engine would shut off and the twitchy person in front would nudge forward an inch and it'd spring back to life again! Seemed like it was wasting more fuel than it was saving!
  9. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Buzzing for you mate! Did they ring you? I got the same email about the delivery date being today so hope I get a call soon :)
  10. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Well some potentially good news (haven't rang Nationwide to confirm though). I just got an email saying my dealer now expects to receive the car today! Maybe a load of cars just arrived at the compound :thumbup:
  11. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

I hope they are pushing them all through this week as mine wasn't due at the dealer until next week! Crossing my fingers for you all that they get their act together in the next couple of days
  12. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Another email from Nationwide - they're busy today! My sales rep has got in contact with the dealer, it's definitely at the port and transport has been requested. Asked about collecting it myself and no that's not possible which is a shame! Excitement is starting to set in now :clap:
  13. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Yeah it's YF so it's Leeds, to be honest if it's possible I'd be happy to go get it from the dealer myself but I don't think you can do that?
  14. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

I've just got an email of Nationwide saying "Further to information from the dealer, your vehicle is estimated to arrive with our supplier on 11/11/2019. Please note that the revised due date is intended only as a guide" So as expected the whole "Your car will be unloaded off a boat on the...
  15. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Yeah it was after 5, I think I might ring again tomorrow and see if I get a nicer answer! No ship is due on the 11th and the next few in are stopping at all the usual ports so they're definitely misinformed.
  16. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Looking at that shipping Callander it's almost certainly a lie that I was told because the next ship is stopping at sheerness, grimsby and Tyne and the previous one did too!
  17. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Just got off the phone with Nationwide and been told that my car now is due off the boat on the 11th November (it was originally due at the dealership on that exact date - suspicious). Apparantly because of reasons unknown to them seat are now only shipping to one port in the UK causing delays...
  18. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

That would explain the prices they're selling them at :roflmao:
  19. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

It's just a standard Cupra in magnetic grey and yes it's a Leeds plate I think. My estimated date at the dealers is the 11th according to my account, hoping that will move closer though :)
  20. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Just checked my Nationwide account and it seems my car has been assigned a reg! It was bw 7th October so no idea if it's in the country or not - does anyone know when they usually give them a reg?