Search results

1. Front Wiper Motors

are the wiper arm spindles seized ?, that's what happened to mine, I removed the wipers and the circlip from the spindles cleaned the corrosion ,and regreased,all fine now.
  2. 2004 Altea Rear Fog lamp fuse

there is only one reverse light , the other is a foglight.
  3. Central Locking and Wing Mirror Fault

broken brown wire inside the rubber bellows between door and a pillar.Here is my thread on a similar problem https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/altea-will-not-lock.445312/
  4. altea will not lock

ok central locking now all working, interior panel back on drivers do ,but I have a question, how do I cancel the airbag light which is on due to the wiring loom having been removed whilst it was resoldered and repaired? Is it simply a case of cancelling it with a software reader , or is there...
  5. altea will not lock

might just aluminium line the interior of the doors instead of putting the proper door interior panel back in,completely over engineered.And this is the only ever car I have had without waterproof membranes in the doors, whats that all about? oh god.now my soldering iron fails to work.. what a...
  6. altea will not lock

still more fun than watching england lose to belgium for the 3rd time in 3 weeks ...
  7. altea will not lock

removed rubber bellows from a pillar side,gently pulled on each wire ,however even when touched them back together it is still not locking so have just removed the door interior(pita) andf now going thru all wires Yellow and red wire also has a cut in the insulation,putting stiffheavy gauge wire...
  8. altea will not lock

wasn't heat, found it is the brown wire inside the bellows of the drivers door, so if you car fails to lock and indicators fail to flash , this may be the culprit
  9. Boot lock latch fault Fix or Replace?

oh thanks rusty,do you mean the 4 metal lugs as seen in picture one above?
  10. Boot lock latch fault Fix or Replace?

One thing I did notice on the locks was that the nylon coating on the door lock "jaws" wears away and the bits of it seize the jaws from moving smoothly,and so they stick or dont move through full motion. thenylon is there to stop the door clanging/sounding cheap when closing it,so my "cure"...
  11. Boot lock latch fault Fix or Replace?

I dont think it actually does come apart,I took apart the door locks and rebuilt those , but the boot lock seems to be moulded shut
  12. altea will not lock

My thinking is it must of been heat expansion in one of the electrical contacts in the drivers door which was baking in the sun on sunday,almost to hot to touch..black cars !!!!
  13. altea will not lock

It certainly does! all the usual suspects,snapped cables in front doors...check, broken metal water tube in rear wash wipe ...check, boot solenoid kaput...check! siezed windscreen washer spindles...check! front scuttle that fills with leaves in the autumn...check 2 NEW COIL SPRINGS(THANKS...
  14. altea will not lock

And as if by magic,everything is working again this morning.Very wierd,bu not unexpected with this car tbh :snack: Wondering if the heat had just caused something to expand and not contact properly .
  15. Boot lock latch fault Fix or Replace?

I never could figure it out,its still disconnected on mine.
  16. altea will not lock

hi jimbob , no I have no spare blipper key ,just the none blipper,I agree with getting codes read ,am based in stoke on trent , but with no job at mo(disability) this has really peed me off. Pretty certain the battery in keyfob is ok as it lights up and also can here solenoids when press unlock...
  17. hello

well I was having door lock trouble last year, after chasing round all the door locks, the thing that cured it was unplugging the rear bootlid lock solenoid,no trouble since,open the hatchback with a cable attached to the emergency release lever,but this morning it opened fine but now all locks...
  18. hello

link to my problem thread here https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/altea-will-not-lock.445312/
  19. hello

Hi , I was registered on here a while back,so have returned for good advice for my 2006 altea 115000 miles 1.9 pdi refsprt.Hope you are all well!
  20. altea will not lock

edit to add, I also dont think the anti hijack is triggering if this helps with a diagnosis and I dont think the drivers door lock solenoid is making a noise just the other 3
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise