Search results

1. Samuel bristow

Thermostat issues

2.0 tfsi bwa car was not reaching 90 only on really hot days it would get to 90 if I was crawling in traffic. On cold days it barely reached 60 if i was lucky, changed the thermostat suspected to be stuck open, ran the car up to temp then temp started dropping again to 70 any advice on what else...
  2. Samuel bristow

K03 to K04 conversion.

hey guys looking to do k03 to k04 conversion just wanted a little insight as to what supporting mods i need to do to my BWA engine before completing the conversion. TIA any help appreciated.
  3. Samuel bristow

Revs Sticking

any help appreciated noticed my revs on my seat leon fr 2.0 tfsi BWA are sticking at 1.5k when i come to a stop with clutch pressed. even happens in neutral if i rev above 1.5k it revs will come down very slowly to 1.5k and hold there for a while.
  4. Samuel bristow

Boost Issues (Help Needed)

EDIT: Car is Seat Leon 2008 2.0 TFSI KO3 BWA Engine custom tune for Ramair Intake 3" decat Hey guys, got a boosting issue and need some ideas on what to do next, basically since I've owned the car i never noticed this issue probably because i didn't have a boost gauge and wasn't...
  5. Samuel bristow

intercooler

Hey guys need some advice going stage 2 and have been looking at IC's but what i dont understand is if the OEM ic is sandwiched between the rad and ac core what is the point of replacing oe with uprated if it isnt exposed to cold air? just wondering what people have done i know a lot of people...
  6. Samuel bristow

New wheels Rubbing

Hey guys got a leon mk2 fr got some second hand 3SDM 0.05s 18's 8.5J ET40 running 225/40 tyres the other day and the fit is all good with spigot rings only issue is on certain dips and speed bumps i get arch rub on the front passenger arch. i took a quick look on the arch liner and i can see a...
  7. Samuel bristow

Is she dead?

so went to top up oil this evening and found this friend said must be headgasket on way out... heard this is an expensive job what are my options and chances it might be something less expensive?
  8. Samuel bristow

Wheel fitment

Hey guys need some help I’m looking at getting some new rims for my fr but I’m not sure what offset I need and I don’t even know what offset is lol just wondering if anyone can help me out as I was my wheels to sit flush with the arches but I want to lower the car in the future and don’t want...
  9. Samuel bristow

Engine cover

hey guys need recommendations after fitting induction kit I really want to get an engine cover only one I can seem to find is the Audi TTS one I know I can remove the Audi badge and customise it my self but just wondering what other options I have?
  10. Samuel bristow

Trax 2018 silverstone

yo guys anyone going trax on the 7th of October? Was wondering if there was a club stand going?
  11. Samuel bristow

Induction kit fitted need help

im abit worried as I have fitted my oversized ram air induction kit today on my 2.0 tfsi and all was good driving around I pulled over to get a video of the sound and it started to flutter and I have hear that is not Normal or good for the engine or turbo it is not fluttering all the time but it...
  12. Samuel bristow

Obd read

Hey guys need some advice is there a Bluetooth device that I can connect to my obd port to get real time statistics on my phone while driving such as horsepower readings and boost pressure? I know I can install a boost gauge but I’m looking at obd readers for a wider range of data while driving?
  13. Samuel bristow

Missfire help!?

Hey people just had my Leon fr serviced noticed spark plug 1 furthest left has a water leak and showing signs of rust had no problems before the service but once the oil filter air filter and spark plugs had been changed I start driving and as soon as I hit about 3k revs it starts to miss fire...
  14. Samuel bristow

Leon fr to cupra r exhaust

hey Guys can anyone shed some light is the cupra r exhaust system from catback compatable with the Leon fr 2.0 tfsi
  15. Samuel bristow

Exhaust

Hey guys exhaust ripped off from mid pipe last night so I have a lovely loud exhaust I’m thinking this is a perfect time to get a cat back system any recommendations or links will be great non resonated, please and thanks.
  16. Samuel bristow

Fitting guide

hey guys need some help I have been thinking about lowering my car for quite some time don’t want to spend a lot and have heard great things about jom blue line coil overs, reason I don’t want to spend a lot is within the next year I’m going to save up and fit bags, I also don’t want lowering...
  17. Samuel bristow

JOM coilover kit

looking to get this kit i know i have to put new top mounts in but can these be used with new oem top mounts or do i need a specific top mount? also any recommendations for upgraded top mounts would be great TIA
  18. Samuel bristow

LED Plate bulbs

i have a 58 plate leon fr, looking for error free licence plate leds but everywhere i look i'm deterred by a review saying not "not error free" just wondering if any one is running LED plate bulbs on PFL leon fr and could direct me to right direction to get error free LED bulbs
  19. Samuel bristow

Roof spoiler

hey guys any recommendations on roof spoilers I’m not sure which on to get I’m looking for a black painted spoiler but I can only seem to find primed and they are all rdx and they are abit too big, thanks in advance
  20. Samuel bristow

Tinting Rear lights

hey thinking about tinting rear lights i understand there is a legal reflection amount needed on the rear of the vehicle what i want to know is the mk2 bumper has two reflective plates at the bottom see picture for reference so my question is am i able to tint my rear tail lights without...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.