Search results

1. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

Every 50 miles is really frequent!! Mine was never that frequent. I’d recommend you carry out a compression test on the block. Check your oil for any water. Do you get a loss in boost? Judging from how frequent your bottle empties I’m guessing it’s not the same problem
  2. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

After all these months and no nearer to a solution. I've just kinda learned to live with it. It's not doing it as ofter as usual now, usually around every three months (5000 miles) so just top up the expansion tank when it does. Although I can kind of guess when it does it now. Ive noticed that...
  3. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

True! My eyes are constantly on the water temp and it never goes over 90. I thought about the water boiling under 100 due to pressure issues but I did 2 compression tests and both came back fine
  4. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

Jamie how long does ur car take for water temperature to reach 90 degrees? Mine takes a good five minutes. How long does urs take? My other car only needs around 1-2 mins and I’m in Cyprus in 35 degrees heat!!!! So another option might be to change the thermostat.
  5. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

I still have the same problem!! Sooo annoying. I checked water pump ,compression test and practically everything under the sun besides changing engine. Although mine doesn’t do it once a week more like once a month or every 1500 miles. I have the exact same symptoms as you Jamie. Once I get the...
  6. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

I didn't get the pump checked out. The car is due for a service soon so will get the mechanic to check it out. Thanks and i will post any updates
  7. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

Hi to all, I am in urgent need of help to solve a coolant loss problem on my 2013 Seat Leon diesel 184!! Ever since I bought the car 6 months ago i keep getting a low coolant warning message every now and then. When i check the expansion tank it is completely empty and it looks like all the...