Search results

1. EGR software delete.

With the recent MOT changes I beleive an EML showing is a fail? If so is it possible to delete the EGR from the 2.0 BKD ECU map/software? Mine has had an EGR fault forever, drives perfectly well and of coure we all know that the EGR does bugger all to reduce emmsions, especially on an older...
  2. Front Wiper Motors

I managed to find one! Rare as hen's teeth. The reason they all have the splined end missing is because its a reverse thread, so everyone trying to remove it shears the soft alloy spline off! I can see no engineering reason why the thread should be reversed. Silly VAG people.
  3. Front Wiper Motors

My bad klawit. I don't actually need the motor, i need the links from the motor to the wiper ie the axis that rotates the wiper as it leaves the body of the car. All the left side axis/links for sale, where the nut attaches the wiper on, have a broken end. It must be a manufacturing defect...
  4. Front Wiper Motors

Thanks klawit, not a great photo, but it looks like the wiper bolt with thread has sheared off though, so no good to me. :(
  5. Front Wiper Motors

Had a very extensive search on ebay, there is not a single left hand wiper linkage to be had (there 2 but both have the knurled end for the wiper blade sheared off...). There are dozens of right side (offside) linkages. Is the left side linkage a common seize failure issue. Or as mine and the...
  6. Front Wiper Motors

Hi Klawit. The driver side motor is mirror positioned to the passenger left, so presumably the linkage is also handed and not interchangable left to right. Can't understand why all the ebay items are driver side only?
  7. Front Wiper Motors

Established its the linkage on passenger side that has completely siezed. NONE available on ebay although there areat least 2 dozen drivers side. I found one for a Touran similar part number. Is there a cross reference database anywhere to see which VAG parts are interchangable?
  8. Front Wiper Motors

Number is 093578 so it would appear to be the B part. Thanks
  9. Front Wiper Motors

klawit, a mine of information as usual. Car was made 08/2005 so likely to be 119B. I wonder what the difference is?
  10. Front Wiper Motors

Thanks for reply. Its my ex's car, she did take it to local garage and they fixed for 2 weeks then it started again. I'm not sure what they did, except not put the scuttle back on correctly :( They quoated her £550 for new motors and fitting/coding. I'm not sure if ts the spindles. For the...
  11. Front Wiper Motors

Hi all, I'm getting a bit confused as to which part numbers I require for my 2005 Altea wiper motors. The passenger side arm just moves a touch, the driver side is OK ish. I've tried a battery disconnect reset. Haven't had a chance to hook up VCDS yet for fault codes. But I have limited time and...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.