Search results

1. NotificatorZeth

Full link activation

I have never had the issue that you describe. It does not get too hot here, but never had issues with extreme cold.
  2. NotificatorZeth

Best time to sell a Cupra? What to buy?

Yeah, I believe these are from a Seat Leon X-Perience. I have also seen these on an Ateca.
  3. NotificatorZeth

Best time to sell a Cupra? What to buy?

I am the second owner of my 290 ST and the original owner swapped to 225/40/R18. I think they look good enough and I've never punctured a tyre or had any other damage due to potholes. And we do have a few potholes in spring time.
  4. NotificatorZeth

VWR Racingline uprated lower engine mount and torque link

I am looking for feedback on the Racingline lower engine mount and torque link (https://www.volksworkshop.co.uk/product/racingline-vwr-dogbone-subframe-mount-golf-7-gti-r-mqb-2-0/ ) I have seen it mentioned here and there. Are you all happy with the purchase, does it last? How long have you...
  5. NotificatorZeth

Has anyone improved their door seals?

Three out of four were actually fine on mine. There was a minor gap on one seal (less than or equal to a millimetre) for the lenght of about 10cm, so not ideal.
  6. NotificatorZeth

Has anyone improved their door seals?

I have also noticed excessive dust on the door sills. Will check the seals on mine tomorrow. Has anyone seen those seals to be actually touching the surfaces on any mk3 Leon?
  7. NotificatorZeth

Warning sign on cruise control (Cupra 280)

You may try the following. Has helped me: 1) make sure that CC is off (move the lever to the correct position). 2) Turn ignition off 3) Ignition on. 4) Try CC again. normally fixes it for me when it happens. Has happened rarely though.
  8. NotificatorZeth

Accident advice

Heh, the manual mentions planetary gears... I guess they didn't bother to rewrite this for the DSGs.
  9. NotificatorZeth

Sticky Boot Handle

WD40 works a treat for cleaning it, but it disappears quite quickly. I would suggest a silicon spray after you have washed it with WD40.
  10. NotificatorZeth

Manual handbrake with DSG

I only use the handbrake for some fun when there is snow, never used it otherwise.
  11. NotificatorZeth

DogBone mount insert question

I've always worried about causing some damage. I think the best of the bad scenarios is that the mount itself breaks and the engine slams into stuff in front of it. Worse would be to crack the gearbox casing. I am guessing the latter is more likely with a stronger aftermarket arm. I will...
  12. NotificatorZeth

Facelift or pre facelift

I wonder if there really is much difference between the facelift vs non facelift LED lights other than their age. I am pretty sure I've heard rumours of them getting dimmer over time.
  13. NotificatorZeth

Android Multimedia System for Cupra 290 (2016)

Probably useful if you do not have full link or satnav. Possibly the cheapest way to retrofit nav (with the exception of a phone holder). Personally would still be cautious about the car specific stuff being available. If they cannot prove it, then I would not go for it. Find one where they are...
  14. NotificatorZeth

Cupra Mode...

As SR231998 said, it will stay in Cupra even after switching it on the next time. The S and D represent the gearbox mode and that will revert to D after starting the car next time. The sound you are hearing is probably from the soundaktor, but if annoyed by that or you just want to make sure...
  15. NotificatorZeth

Leon Cupra ST - 3 child seats?

If buying new, you might also want to check with the dealer if they offer integrated child seats (not sure what they are officially called). They sort of pop up from the seat and raise the sitting position so it is safe for older kids. No idea if this is available for the cupra.
  16. NotificatorZeth

Leon Cupra ST - 3 child seats?

I would say no, but your luck might vary based on the seats (and the age of your children). Best you can realistically manage is two at the back and one at the front on the passenger side. You will need to wedge your wife between the two childseats at the back. PS. I have three myself (1, 6...
  17. NotificatorZeth

Full link activation

Routing has worked fine for me, but I have experienced GPS signal issues - always put it down to not enough GPS satellites in sight. I was not aware that Maps was able to use the car's GPS, but Googled it just now and that indeed seems to be the case. Seems Waze has not been updated to use this...
  18. NotificatorZeth

Full link activation

Waze is my choice as well. Plus there is the community working hard to keep maps up to date and all users reporting hazards in real time (such as traffic police).
  19. NotificatorZeth

Mirror Dip / Assist Systems

Here's some information about retrofitting: https://www.carsystems.eu/seat-leon-5f-acc-automatic-distance-control-wiring-set-retrofit,id3157.html Probably not insanely expensive since you have the radar, but definitely won't be cheap.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members