Search results

1. Speedbird

Windshield demister vs climacoat in an Ateca

I used to have a Ford Kuga with a heated windscreen, and they are a nice luxury to have. Now I have had a Leon and an Ateca for the past few years, to be honest I don't miss it that much. If I know it's going to freeze overnight, I put a towel over the windscreen the night before. I haven't...
  2. Speedbird

Alloy wheel swap - sizing and options

My Ateca Xcellence has multi spoke alloys and they are a pain to keep clean and they don't look particularly exciting: I am looking to replace them with FR alloys, or possibly SE alloys. I want to stick with genuine Seat Ateca parts. If I get a set of alloys like these ones on eBay, will...
  3. Speedbird

FRONT BRAKE PAD HELP

I don't really understand the need to advise avoiding 'crap Brembo' brake parts, when I have previously recommended them in this thread? I had Brembo discs and pads on my Leon for 1000's of miles. I have previously had their discs and pads on other vehicles with no problems. And a quick...
  4. Speedbird

FRONT BRAKE PAD HELP

I had new Brembo discs and pads last year. After they were fitted, there was definitely a marked improvement over the OEM discs and pads they replaced. But they were towards the end of their life, so I expected there to be. I don't do track days and drive hard on the road, so for me, the Brembos...
  5. Speedbird

FRONT BRAKE PAD HELP

I had a 184 TDI FR that I replaced pads and discs on. Being the higher power diesel model, it has the larger 312mm front discs. I got Brembo discs and pads from Euro Car Parts. The wear indicator is embedded into the pads, you just take the old ones out and fit the new ones.
  6. Speedbird

Space Saver Wheel

Exactly the same as my kit by the looks of it. The new boot floor has a hinged opening bit on the left hand side, so if you need to access anything in the storage area where your extending wheel brace is, you don't need to lift the whole floor. They are expensive, but are a perfect fit and...
  7. Speedbird

Ateca Travall Dog Guard

Is this still available? How does it fit and secure in the boot?
  8. Speedbird

Space Saver Wheel

My wheel came like that, with just a sticker on. I'm sure my wheel came separately aswell, and a few days later I got a box with all the other parts in and the boot floor. Give Caffyns a ring and ask, they were really helpful when I rang to ask which kit I needed.
  9. Speedbird

Space Saver Wheel

I had the variable boot floor in my Leon ST and it was really good, but I very rarely changed the height. It is slightly annoying that in the Tiguan, it is standard fit across all models. As long as the wheel bolt fitment is the same across all Ateca models, I don't understand why there are...
  10. Speedbird

Legal advice & opinions please. Will never buy a Seat again. RESOLVED.

Final update.... The issue has now been resolved. I have the car back and it appears to be fully repaired. The replaced part was the air conditioning evaporator core. It took them 5 weeks to carry out the repair, and when the technician finally got to the evaporator, it was covered in white...
  11. Speedbird

Space Saver Wheel

I have a 2017 2.0 TDI 190 4Drive. It came with just a thin piece of carpet and a round piece of foam in the boot when I bought it. I ordered a spare wheel kit from the same place as you, Caffyns, for £340. The part number for the kit I ordered is ZGBBOM235SE. It will arrive in a few separate...
  12. Speedbird

Just another update on this for those following, or anyone with similar problems in the future. I have been without my car for a month now. In this time, the garage have not contacted me once. I rang last week for an update, was told they were expecting 'a part' to arrive this week, but the...
  13. Speedbird

It was sold as having FSH, and it does, but some have been done by an independent garage. That is where the first dealer was trying to imply the warranty is not valid, because it isn't full Seat service history. I have asked for a refund, that is exactly what I am trying to do, return the car...
  14. Speedbird

The skin flakes suggestion was insulting. And when he then said the problem was that I had used an a/c system cleaner, so it could now be that coming out of the vents, he did not believe I had been advised to do it by Seat, he pretty much called me a liar over the phone. Thankfully I had the...
  15. Speedbird

After I got the car back from 2 weeks at the garage, with the broken door and the problem more evident then ever, I told Seat I do not want the car anymore. I quoted my consumer rights, told them they had an opportunity to fix it, which they failed at, and I want a refund. I got a phone call...
  16. Speedbird

UPDATE.... I have now completely lost faith in Seat and will never own one again. Buying an expensive approved used car from them has been the worst motoring decision I have ever made. They have had the car for 2 whole weeks. Last Friday, I rang them and was told they cannot find a fault, and...
  17. Speedbird

The day I dropped the car off, this was how much was over the dash and interior after having hoovered it about 5 days prior. Clearly not cleaning material after I have been using and driving the car every day for 4 months.
  18. Speedbird

UPDATE....... I now cannot believe the incompetence of Seat. The dealer I bought the car off agreed it was best for it to go back to them, so 3 weeks ago, an appointment was made for today for it to be seen by the master technician. A note was made on the paperwork what the symptoms are, that...
  19. Speedbird

They sold the car as having full service history, did not stipulate Seat or not until I bought the car and looked through the book. But because it isn't all Seat service history, that's why the first dealer I took it to for fault rectification are saying the repair may not be carried out under...
  20. Speedbird

This is what I thought. I cannot actually believe I have bought an approved used car, with a manufacturer approved warranty, and they are refusing to do the work. When I bought it from Seat, I was told it had full service history. However, when the first dealership doing the fault investigation...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members