Search results

1. Speedbird

Alloy wheel swap - sizing and options

My Ateca Xcellence has multi spoke alloys and they are a pain to keep clean and they don't look particularly exciting: I am looking to replace them with FR alloys, or possibly SE alloys. I want to stick with genuine Seat Ateca parts. If I get a set of alloys like these ones on eBay, will...
  2. Speedbird

Legal advice & opinions please. Will never buy a Seat again. RESOLVED.

Hi all. After some legal advice, opinions, or just experience from anyone else who has suffered something similar to me. Basically, in August this year, I bought a Seat Ateca from a Seat main dealer 2 hours from where I live. As soon as I collected it, I noticed a problem. White bits of dust...
  3. Speedbird

White dust particles from air vents into the cabin

I have got a problem I've never seen before. When the fans are on, white particles (like dust) come out of the vents. I hadn't had the fan speed at full yet, so I thought these were just small bits of dust and a minor annoyance until today! This morning, I turned the heater on full blast to...
  4. Speedbird

Leon ST Thule 753 & 4015 Foot packs

I have for sale Thule 753 and 4015 fitting kits to attach Thule roof bars to a Seat Leon ST. These were for my 2015 Leon Mk 3. I no longer have the car so these are surplus. They have barely been used and are in perfect, fully functioning condition. Please note, these are the foot packs only...
  5. Speedbird

New Ateca owner, spent more time working on it than driving so far!

Hi all, I recently picked up a new (to me) Ateca 2.0 TDI 190, 4drive with DSG, with 21k miles on the clock. Previously I had a Leon ST 184 which I traded in for the Ateca. Although it has full (longlife) service history, there was no evidence of air or pollen filters being changed, so I did...
  6. Speedbird

Goodbye Leon 184, its been fun

After 4 years of ownership, I am trading in my Leon ST 184 TDI for an Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG. I am a mountain biker and have a van for biking and camping trips. But I'm looking to get rid of the van and just have 1 vehicle. The Leon is no good away from paved surfaces, and my last...
  7. Speedbird

How do I track down this idiot? What would you do?

Went in to town this morning to do some shopping. Got there quite early, and as usual, parked at the far end of the car park, in an end spot. There were no other cars around when I parked there. Got back to my car a few hours later and found this: They have clearly swung into the spot and...
  8. Speedbird

Front brake pads & discs change info + fitment

I am looking to change my front brake discs and pads on my 184 TDI FR ST soon. I have done a quick search and couldn't find anything, does anyone have a guide or a link to a manual, including bolt torque settings? I have found this helpful video on youtube, but it is all in a foreign language...
  9. Speedbird

Front coil spring broken... Do Audi / VW / Seat share parts?

Driving in to work today, the front left suspension started making an awful crunching sound over the slightest bump or uneven surface on the road. Suspected it was either a coil spring, shock absorber or some sort of mount problem. Dropped it off at the garage and it is the coil spring, so I'm...
  10. Speedbird

Any electricians in here? Help!

I can do very basic electrics, wire in a new plug or single switch, but this has got me stumped! In my hallway I have a double switch, one operates the porch light, the other operates the hallway light, which is also operated by a switch upstairs. The porch switch is the wrong way round, so...
  11. Speedbird

Michelin CrossClimate + All Season tyres in snow

I have a 2.0 TDI 184 FR ST with Michelin Crossclimate + All season tyres fitted. They are marketed as a summer tyre with winter capabilities, and having been using them for 2 years, I can confirm they are brilliant in summer. This morning we have had some pretty decent snow here (3-4 inches)...
  12. Speedbird

Full link activation worth it?

Having just had the cam belt and water pump replaced on my car, I'm probably going to keep it for the foreseeable future. I haven't had full link activated, and am considering getting it done. From memory, the dealers charge £200 for it? Has anyone had it done and was it worth it? I understand...
  13. Speedbird

Ateca Sidesteps

An Ateca has come up locally that I am interested in and might go to view. Only problem is, it has side steps fitted, which I personally don't like at all. My question is, are these fitted to already existing mounting hardware on the car, and so are easy to remove? Or will the car have had...
  14. Speedbird

Leon ST 184 appreciation! Keep or swap for SUV?

I have just got back from a 5 day, 800+ mile mountain biking trip to Scotland. The car had a full roof box on the roof and 2 mountain bikes in the boot. We drove up on Saturday afternoon, in the middle of Storm Alex. The car did not miss a beat and has been fantastic. On the way up, the rain and...
  15. Speedbird

Leon ST FR Tech Pack 2.0 TDI 184

2015 ‘65’ Seat Leon ST 2.0 TDI 184 FR Technology. Registered November 2015, purchased by me July 2018 from Seat main dealer. Paid cash, no outstanding finance. Services carried out: November 16 - 14,958 miles, Arnold Clark Seat October 17 – 25,560 miles, Arnold Clark Seat July 18 – 32,063...
  16. Speedbird

Mirrors wont fold anymore

I have a 65 Leon ST. It has the function of holding the lock button, and the mirrors folding in. A few months ago I bought a Carista dongle and set them up so they folded automatically, which worked fine. Now winter is here, I have turned off the auto folding, but they now wont fold at all...
  17. Speedbird

Winter washing options & products

My normal wash involves 2 bucket method with meguiars gold class shampoo and lambs wool mitt, dry with meguiars water magnet, and if I have the time, polish with auto glym ultra deep shine. This winter I am finding myself ridiculously busy. It is dark when I get home from work, and I have...
  18. Speedbird

Was this your Ateca? Engine Adblue applicability?

Going to look at this Ateca this weekend, and just wondered if it had been anyones on here...
  19. Speedbird

Hit this on motorway yesterday. Paint correction polish ideas?

Driving down the motorway yesterday, the car in front of me flicked up what seemed to be a polystyrene roof tile wrapped in thin metal foil. It shattered on impact, travelling from the nose of my car all the way up the bonnet. I dont think it has taken any paint off, but you can see...
  20. Speedbird

Pollen filter and remap/clutch question

Before having an oil service carried out tomorrow, I changed the air and pollen filter on my 184 TDI today. Can someone confirm the correct orientation of the pollen filter? I'm sure I have seen somewhere that the airflow arrow should point down. My original filter, fitted from the factory, had...