Search results

1. Glove

ITG Carbon induction kit fitted twin charger

I will get a sticker to cover that ford logo lol.
  2. Glove

ITG Carbon induction kit fitted twin charger

Hi guys long time since I chimed in. I have Just had the water pump supercharger clutch and all belts done. It has taken a while for it to all settle down again after the work. Half the engine has to be stripped basically horrible job. Anyhow thought as I was approaching 45k it was time for...
  3. Glove

Engine rebuild - Misfire on idle Cylinder 2

Check the coil pack harness wires that run to cylinder 2 for cracks ect and wrap it in harness tape for good measure then report back. Do you get the flashing engine light or just lumpy tick over?.
  4. Glove

Juddering under load after spark plug/ignition coil replaced

Could well be another dud coil pack or they could have damaged the wires pulling the old one out. Try a new Bosch pack from eurocarparts in there and see how it goes. A coil pack pulling tool is essential too.
  5. Glove

Mk5 cupra rear bumper'vents' removal

There are 5 or six flimsy plastic clips holding it in. These snap really easy. Best thing to do is buy a replacement one before removing the old one with a trim tool.
  6. Glove

Spring polish

Had a little time on my hands and with the nice weather and all decided to give the car a bit of a detail. Autoglym scratch remover kit worked wonders. Excuse for a pic :
  7. Glove

R8 could pack questions

Here is the best guide I could find: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/392456-spark-plug-question/
  8. Glove

Engine rattle from belt area

Also, did you notice it rattling before you took it in for the MOT?. They revved the bollox of mine recently when it passed ts MOT, and it did worry me as I have never revved it like that myself on tick over. As our engines do not have a temp gauge how do they know its warm and safe to do the...
  9. Glove

Engine rattle from belt area

What engine do you have 150 bhp 180 twincharger?. The twincharger has a chain for life. This does not mean it can't fail though. It is usually the tensioner that fails. Get it checked out. Or it might just need a new serpentine belt. Water pump can also fail and cause the noise you...
  10. Glove

Cupra Power Loss.

Did you have to remove the turbo heat shield to get to the actuator rod?. Cheers.
  11. Glove

R8 could pack questions

Hi there, yes the connectors do need rewiring. There is a guide on the Sirocco forums for the 1.4 tsi. I will try to find you a link.
  12. Glove

Mk5 ibiza mods

Only problem with upgrading the headlight bulbs to white ones is we have to do the fog light's at the same time or else it looks meh.
  13. Glove

Some engine bay queries - 1.4 twincharged

My 2011 1.4 Ibiza Cupra twincharger does have a sensor attached to the coolant reservoir. Not all do though looking at photo's online so I think a call to Seat would help..
  14. Glove

Ibiza Cupra SC 2009- Alarm Siren location

Thanks Hawkers that is handy. I have scanned it with torque app, no errors but not vagcom as my old cable did not seem to want to communicate with the ecu. All the other alarm features work so that points to a dead siren pack. Glad it not riveted to the car. Cheers.
  15. Glove

Ibiza Cupra SC 2009- Alarm Siren location

My alarm has stopped sounding. The indicators still flash, tested by locking the missus in the car. I have the solid red light on door for 30 secs before it starts flashing confirming there is a problem. I have tried re syncing the keys ect so it leaves only one culprit the Siren box. Does...
  16. Glove

Modded door sills fitted

Cheers Jd, almost feel guilty winning them for a Tenner :cheeky:
  17. Glove

Modded door sills fitted

Thanks Legojon m8. Yes the Ibiza logo is etched into the stainless, hard to capture with my crummy phone but it matches the colour of the car nicely. It is the only place on the car to identity it as a Ibiza :). Here is a pic of some on another car with the surrounds that are very flimsy.
  18. Glove

Modded door sills fitted

Purchased a pair of original Seat Ibiza SC door sills for the princely sum of 10 pounds brand new. Seat want 140 quid. Anyhow they showed up and it turned out the plastic surround was slightly damaged on both sides. Where damaged in transit or sold like that I don't know but I decided to try...
  19. Glove

Help with connector hanging in the wind

Thanks for the reply and advice. There are no lights on the dash so I will just tie it out of the way for now as I am pretty sure this car does not have brake pad wear sensors.
  20. Glove

Bocanegra - EPC & limp mode

Changing plugs and coil packs is a good start especially if your not sure when they where last replaced.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.