Search results

1. Joedj9

Heaters Taking a Long Time to “Get Hot”

That's what mine has started doing as well. They're warm/hot on low fan speed but when increased the temperature drops. The original issue I had was solved with a coolant flush but this seems to happen now.
  2. Joedj9

Heaters

Well I did think this was 100% resolved but it turns out it isn't. Been out tonight and the heaters are playing up again. They were chilly for ages before going slightly warm. I turned them down to speed 3 and they became quite warm. Whenever I turned them up to full blast it was blowing out...
  3. Joedj9

Heaters

They flushed the system and said they'd found air leaks. Not entirely sure what was involved tbh.
  4. Joedj9

Heaters

Thanks mate. I'm relieved tbh.
  5. Joedj9

Heaters

Update: Took the car to CLP Automotive on friday for a few bits to be done, including the vents looking at. They flushed the system and found a few air locks that were causing the issue. They've changed the coolant and it's all working fine again. So glad I have warmth again. Thanks for the...
  6. Joedj9

Heaters

I'm wrong then as it said temperature sensor in cabin on the description on carista.
  7. Joedj9

Heaters

P00056 I'm sure.
  8. Joedj9

Heaters

It didnt cost more to change the seals though. Seals were £45, pump removed and refitted for £120.
  9. Joedj9

Heaters

Does anyone know much about fault codes? I've got this: "00056 0038 temperature sensor blower in the cabin". Might sound stupid, but what's the chances of these 2 being related and it not being the thermostat or air in the system?
  10. Joedj9

At least its sorted though mate. Any idea what sensor it was or where is was? Just so I can have a check myself if possible? Might save me a big bill.
  11. Joedj9

Heaters

So if I squeeze the 2 visible hoses that go tot he coolant reservoir that could sort the issue? I'll certainly give it a go tonight. It's a nightmare with it not warming up at this time of year. Especially having a baby as well.
  12. Joedj9

Heaters

That's a bit of relief if I'm honest. Do you think it could just be trapped air in the system then? Checked the coolant again last night when I got home and all is ok. It's still red hot after a drive
  13. Joedj9

Heaters

Yeah mate, did about 2miles ans it warmed up to 90C on the display.
  14. Joedj9

Heaters

Tried this but the heaters weren't very hot at all. Barely even warm to be honest. Coolant temperature never dropped at all. I hate this car now. Only bought it in march but I've nothing but issues. Almost tempted to let it take a dip in the river Tyne!
  15. Joedj9

Heaters

I will try this tonight. Thanks mate.
  16. Joedj9

Wheel arch spoilers

Safety for what?
  17. Joedj9

Wheel arch spoilers

Just pulled mine off because my wheels were catching. They just clip into the bumper. I didnt see any tape when removing them. I also dont think they actually make any sort of difference either.
  18. Joedj9

So was it the heater matrix mate? I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Got a coolant leak sorted but since then the blowers have been totally shite. They just dont get hot anymore.
  19. Joedj9

Heaters

It sounds like its stuck open then. The gauge shows the car warming up fine. No difference at all. It's just the heaters don't really get as hot as they used to. And when they do they take an age. Had them on high tonight and I drove around for about 20miles/30mins. By the time I got out it...
  20. Joedj9

Heaters

Waterpump wasnt replaced just the seals had hardened. I'm worried the thermostat has gone. If so, that's another big bill to sort in the same month it was apparently fixed
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.