Search results

1. Headlights on audible warning

It should definitely make the noise. Unsure on the fault though, even on mine
  2. Headlights on audible warning

What year MK2 is it. Mine is 2007 and does the same however this is a fault, it definitely has or should have a noise that tells you. Mine on a rare occasion reminds me.
  3. 2.0 170 fr exhaust smell and white smoke

I'd start with checking the connection from the turbo to the exhaust. To make sure it's right and sealed.
  4. Turbo differences?

So completely different seals etc lol
  5. Turbo differences?

What's the difference between the gt1749vc turbo and the gt1749v ? I'm looking at rebuild kits but can't find them for the vc
  6. Diesel injector set up

Ok cool, providing these are the originals for this engine lol. It had an engine swap and I don't know if they used other injectors or mine from the other lump
  7. Diesel injector set up

Hi Would that be through vcds? Thanks
  8. Diesel injector set up

Hi When putting injectors in with new seals is a must but is there any angles or degrees or adjustment needed for them to work correctly? Or are they just a drop in and go part?
  9. Cam valve clearance?

Hi Was thinking of checking valve clearance. Firstly, is this a normal thing to do with the 170 lump? What should the clearances be? Can you adjust them or would knew shims be required?
  10. Turbo play

Can you recommend any refurb places
  11. Radio static

If I replace the entire aerial, what connector is the aerial end as I'm looking for a boosted aerial but need the right connector
  12. Turbo play

If I wobble the impeller there is minimal movement but if I wobble it from both ends it moves more?
  13. Turbo play

Hi I've laid my hands on a turbo sold with no play. There's no back and fourth play but a bit side to side, is that normal?
  14. TDI drinking fuel - I think

Service and miller's have dropped me to 36mpg.... I don't even know how that works lol
  15. TDI drinking fuel - I think

It's had a map but previously was ok. I don't have vcds?
  16. Radio static

Anyone else suffer with radio static, bag signal. Thought it was the stock headunit but no better after change. I've re earthed it with no real change. Any other ideas. It's such a poor radio reception
  17. TDI drinking fuel - I think

Service parts all ordered and will grab either miller's or forte which ever I see first lol
  18. TDI drinking fuel - I think

Hi Since owning my 2l TDI FR (2007) it's been a giant pain in my erm... Pocket. Finally she's at a stage where she's not to bad although still under powered I believe as she has no guts low down. I do about 32 miles each way to a from work mixture of A and B roads and I am struggling to get...
  19. Exhaust type noise but can't find it... Sounds bad

2 new bolts, re tap 1 thread and she's good again. I hope this was the last of her issues lol
  20. Exhaust type noise but can't find it... Sounds bad

I think your right as the one bolt left on that mount is cross threaded and sitting oddly. They were absolutely useless...... Going to try and sort bolts or new mount with bolts at the dealers tomorrow
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.