Search results

1. John Young

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Thank you - this would be a good 'how to' post but you need to put the link in for the software for lazy folks like me :wave:
  2. John Young

Thank you Tell I will have to get my head around this again.... I looked at it last year but thought I would leave it then but going on holiday soon in UK in car so need good maps
  3. John Young

Its been a while since I was here and I know there is LOTS of discussion on here but is there a guide somewhere on here were all the info about successful map updates is in one place ? I used to be in a car forum years back and we had threads like this but once a solution was worked out it was...
  4. John Young

Seat Ibiza MK5 - how on earth do you select 'ok' on the radio?

There is an OK button on the controls on the steering wheel
  5. John Young

FR = Just cosmetic - Right ?

Well the car certainly has a cool sound for a little engine, I had twin pipes on my Nissan 200sx and that was a beast and sounded great but the little ibiza sounds impressive even if it isn't [B)]
  6. John Young

Well there you go that proves its often down to peoples perceptions really
  7. John Young

Crikey that is quite under-powered When I got my car there was a 1.4 Ibiza which was 140 bhp but £1000 more expensive and after asking on here some said they are unreliable it was 2016 model like mine. So far with my car I am very happy with it. Its very nice to drive, very responsive and...
  8. John Young

When you say 84 PS do you mean the bhp ?
  9. John Young

What is the TOCA ?
  10. John Young

That would be a tough ride then.... Ouch! :blink:
  11. John Young

Yeah I noticed when I did my tyres there was different pressures for comfort etc... first time i have seen that on a car. I think I set them for comfort. My wheels are 16" There are loads of engines available on these cars over the years :drive1:
  12. John Young

So how long have you had your car ? What about MPG - I came from a Citroen Cactus diesel and that was amazing on fuel. I could easily get 80mpg on a long run and others had got more... but the Seat which of course could never match that is not bad at all and at least I have a rev-counter now...
  13. John Young

No its certainly not a sports car but it does surprise you - well it did for me anyway. I find the car handles very well and find the suspension firm but not hard and it handles bumps well but you are right the engine does deliver power low down in the revs and I find its better to get up the...
  14. John Young

Seat Ibiza FR 1.2 105 PS STAGE 1 REMAP

Not sure anyone would want to remove the filter altogether and apart from possible problems from anything getting in the engine the engine and computer might be set up for an air flow within a certain range (original air filter or performance) but with none it might knock it all to whack -...
  15. John Young

Of course you need some air filter but if the car can breath easier it helps. I am no expert or mechanic just speaking from my own experience a good air filter can help the car feel more responsive over stock air filters. As I said not sure if that would equate to any BHP benefits
  16. John Young

I understand the FR badge is basically cosmetic and a little firmer suspension. Is this right ? I ask as I am very impressed with the performance of my FR. Its the 1.2 FR and 110 bhp but it seems genuinely quite quick and I have had quick cars in the past (Nissan 200sx) Are the engines on the...
  17. John Young

I have not touched my Ibiza so cannot comment on that and I am not sure if you get actual BHP benefits but a good air filter like a K&N filter can make the car feel much more responsive. Used many in the past on a few cars and you can feel it as you can with a good exhaust.
  18. John Young

Speed Camera Alerts For Ibiza FR 2018 INSTRUCTIONS

Thanks I will give it a try
  19. John Young

OK I'll look again, I don't have my card from car yet I am just browsing through the new files I have downloaded to find that file before I tried to update. I did search etc but no file found like the one I was looking for OK re-downloaded file from post 1005 and the file OVERALL.NDS is there...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.