Search results

1. 2007 Leon Cupra suspension noise

I had a clunk front drivers side in my '57 Cupra. I swapped all the struts, springs, top mounts, top mount bearings. And the noise has gone.
  2. Wooing noise when changing gears

Blown DV, replace it. Very common fault. Assuming you're driving a Cupra.
  3. LED Sidelights - Correct Colour

I am not using resistors, I have a Pre-Fl. as far as I am aware pre-fl’s are less strict on the error throwing with the lights so it’s not needed. I’m just after a different temperature of light, I hate blue I want matching white.
  4. LED Sidelights - Correct Colour

I'm looking at replacing my Sidelights again, I had replaced them first time around with these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-SEAT-LEON-MK2-FR-Super-Bright-8-SMD-Side-Light-LED-ERROR-FREE-Bulbs-501-w5w/172206232634?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 The bulbs went in...
  5. BCS Decat / Miltek Decat

Yeah seen the notes; probably will just go BCS, found someone selling their BCS Decat for £300
  6. BCS Decat / Miltek Decat

Looking at getting myself a Decat for my 2007 Cupra; Miltek Decat - £330.00 BCS Decat - £401.50 What am I getting for my extra £70, anyone has experience with either of these? Any recommendations for Catback?
  7. Remap Prep - 90k Miles

Just an update, I haven't changed the clutch yet; a bit of a typo on my half. I'll do the flywheel and clutch at the same time.
  8. Seat Leon FR 2011 - 140BHP interior smell causing headaches

I do not think this issue would be car specific, there would be an immediate recall if so. As far as I am aware (im not very aware in anything) there are not any recalls for this. Try this - https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp Found some threads that may help you diagnose where...
  9. Seat Leon FR 2011 - 140BHP interior smell causing headaches

Put a battery powered Carbon Monoxide detector in your car, see if it kicks off. I believe this can be caused by a crack in your manifold, not sure though. https://metro.co.uk/2017/03/22/friends-died-in-souped-up-car-that-filled-with-lethal-gas-from-modifications-6525308/ This is very serious...
  10. Remap Prep - 90k Miles

Hi, I'm looking at remapping my MK2 Cupra. The car has done 92k miles; looking at the owner history and all the receipts I received with the car (Along with coincidental stuff) the car seems to have had an easy life. Anyway, I'm prepping the car for Stage 2+ (Stage 3 onwards in the future...
  11. Heated mirror issue

Funnily enough, I did check the connectors before I swapped it. They both seemed identical. I am wondering if perhaps the previous owner of the mirror I bought had to purchase new glass at some point and just got standard glass. The mirror folds, but not as well as my stock mirror. It stops...
  12. Heated mirror issue

So; I recently purchased a '57 Leon Cupra two months ago. After 3 days of ownership, someone decided to swipe my car and knock the mirror off and provide some nice scratches. So I replaced the Mirror with one I found off Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253915666166 After fighting my door...
  13. Removal of Boot Trim

The whole entire plastic cover on the inside of the boot. I just undid two screws and it came loose. Going to give it a good go tomorrow and make a lil update post / guide.
  14. Removal of Boot Trim

So basically I purchased my car knowing there was a slight dent on the boot; my plan is to remove the trim in the boot and push the dent out. I cannot for the life of me find any info about removing the boot trim on a MK2 Leon; only for MK1 and MK3. Anyone got any advice on how to do this?
  15. Unsure about sidelights

No idea, it never comes on unless I turn “bi-xenon headlights” on in VCDS
  16. Unsure about sidelights

Update: I seriously overthought this, it was a piece of piss; did it in 5 mins. Just pull the rubber cover off; while the wires a tiny bit see if either bulb moves then navigate to each holder thing. One tip I would give is, LED’s will only work one way in the ballast. Leave the bulb out of...
  17. Unsure about sidelights

I am currently in the process of replacing my sidelights with white LED's on my '57 Leon Cupra. Now I'm fairly new to this car so I'm looking for a bit advice before I go ripping my lights apart. I appear to have 3 lights (https://i.imgur.com/2i6QtUR.jpg): Big headlights main one, Position 2...
  18. New MK2 Cupra Owner - Thread of Questions

Engine code is BWJ, aren’t all MK2 Cupras BWJ
  19. New MK2 Cupra Owner - Thread of Questions

Why would someone relocate it? What else should I looo at while I’m doing this, concerned the owner may have done other stuff while there. Shouts out to the dealership who didn’t mention any of this and told me it was a “rare stock example”
  20. New MK2 Cupra Owner - Thread of Questions

That’ll be the trick then, is It worth buying one of those updated aftermarket valves? I only really plan on going stage 3, but not yet; while I’m there though, ya know. Preventative maintenance and all that