Search results

1. HumanSteamroller

Regens?

Right, gotcha. Thanks. Only applies to cars made since 2017 by the look of it?
  2. HumanSteamroller

Regens?

Ah hah, thank you gents. Very useful. So it's a diesel only issue?
  3. HumanSteamroller

Regens?

Sorry for the total newbie question, but I see a lot of folks referring to "regens", specially when talking about remaps. What does this refer to, and why would a remap cause them to be more frequent vs standard?
  4. HumanSteamroller

SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Full link was only on the 2015 FR cars with the Tech Pack option wasn't it?
  5. HumanSteamroller

Auto flappy paddle

Agreed. Woeful customer service from all involved by the sounds of it. Hope it gets sorted, mate.
  6. HumanSteamroller

Factory debadging option?

Yes, same as me. Bought from a main dealer, no badging. I prefer it too. Just having the "FR" on there is nice :)
  7. HumanSteamroller

SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

I've got the MIB 2 High in my mk3 - apparently it uses a hard drive for mapping rather than SD cards. I've tried downloading the update from the SEAT site on an SD card, and putting the SD card into the slot in the glove box, and while the system knows it's there when I insert the card, it just...
  8. HumanSteamroller

Well there we go, then. Thanks guys. Didn't know it was that easy so guess the previous owner did it.
  9. HumanSteamroller

I'm curious, was factory debadging of the model designation on the boot an option for the Mk3 Leon FR 5dr? I bought mine second hand from a SEAT dealer, and there's no evidence of the "Leon" designation ever having been on the boot lid. Can't see anything about it in the documentation.
  10. HumanSteamroller

Air filter box

Ah hah, is that the process? Thanks very much. Wondered as to whether I'd have to faff with taking the ducting off, but I can see I clearly do. Thanks.
  11. HumanSteamroller

Air filter box

Oof! Has anyone else had trouble getting the four clips fastening the top of the air filter open?! It's high time I replaced my air filter so I bought a K&N one, simple enough job I assumed. But I just can't get those four ******* clips open no matter how hard I try (and I don't wanna break...
  12. HumanSteamroller

Radius vs tapered spacer bolts

Thank you guys, much appreciated.
  13. HumanSteamroller

Radius vs tapered spacer bolts

Hello all, Once again consulting the SC.net hive mind about wheel related bits. I'm looking to put 15mm spacers all round on my 2015 Seat Leon FR. Specifically these from DPM...
  14. HumanSteamroller

Rookie wheel question

No, I think you'd get the 225s on the BBS SR wheels, but I figure that having a bit of extra rubber on an eight inch wide rim might aid kerb climbing ability, stop scuffing the wheels quite as quickly when the wife is driving etc. :)
  15. HumanSteamroller

Rookie wheel question

I think the BBS SR wheels feel like a more sensible option, looking at this: https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7&offset=49&width2=235&aspect2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=45 "Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an...
  16. HumanSteamroller

Rookie wheel question

Thanks bud. A very useful and considered reply. You're right, it is a lot of 'poke'. Might need to go back to the drawing board a touch. EDIT: saying that, the BBS website does list those exact wheels for the Seat Leon. Maybe I need to ring around a few places.
  17. HumanSteamroller

Rookie wheel question

Thanks for all your useful replies guys. Think I've got it narrowed down to these now: https://bbs.com/en/products/design_line/xa.php 8.5x18 with 46 offset, probably running 235/40 rubber. Can't immediately see any issues with this, can you? Please do let me know if I'm missing something...
  18. HumanSteamroller

Rookie wheel question

Wow, helluva useful braindump! Thank you guys.
  19. HumanSteamroller

Rookie wheel question

Interesting, thanks. What would you say would be a sensible choice in terms of both of those variables? I gather the standard offset for 17" is 49, unless I'm massively mistaken. I guess going up to 51 wouldn't be crazy? And in terms of tyres, 225/40R18? Apologies for all the questions. I'm...
  20. HumanSteamroller

Rookie wheel question

Hello all, I'm the proud owner of a Mk3 2015 Leon FR Tech Pack, currently rolling on the standard 17" rims it came with. I am in the market for some new wheels, and have quite the rookie question, so please be gentle: will my Leon take 18" wheels with no fettling? After some cursory research...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise