Search results

1. New to DSG - advice?

Hi all, I'm taking delivery of my DSG Cupra 300 tomorrow... WOOOO I'm coming from a Cupra 280 manual I just had a couple of quick questions then the floor is open to general advice? So firstly: 1. This will be the 6spd wet clutch, right? What are the implications of this Vs the 7spd dry...
  2. Can you retrofit a variable boot floor?

Just as the title says. The one thing I miss the most from my Polo was the variable boot floor that made it level with the boot lip. The MK3.5 Cupra 5dr I'm taking delivery of tomorrow doesn't even have the platforms it sits on on either side, so I couldn't just buy the floor itself. Is it...
  3. Cupra 300 Buying Advice

I must admit I did try the search bar, but I must be doing something wrong - I could barely find any relevant threads. I've finally found a Cupra with all of the features an options I'm looking for, and I'm going to view it this week. It's a 2017 Cupra 300, and I picked it because it has: 5...
  4. Insurance too much!

Unfortunately my insurance has increased this year... when I was expecting a decrease. This will be my third year driving (at 23), and I've had the Cupra 280 for a year now. My first year's insurance on a 1.4 Polo was £1400, followed by £990 for the Cupra (crazy right? discount for the first...
  5. Cupra Wheel Downsizing (Recommendations?)

Hi all, I drive a 2014 Leon Cupra 280 and I've heard about the many benefits of downsizing from 19" alloys, namely less noise, greater ride comfort, cheaper tyres and the best of all, lower rotational mass for faster acceleration! The noise is a real issue for me too. So realistically, do you...
  6. What is the best MK3 Cupra? / Cupra Buying Advice

Bit of an odd one, but as in the title - when buying a MK3 Leon Cupra, which is the best? In this case, preferably under 20k and taking value for money into account. So, given the above - I understand some special editions have come out over the years, I've heard the Sub8 pack is excellent...
  7. MIB1 vs MIB2

Hi guys, As in the title, what are the differences between the MIB1 and MIB2 systems? I have a 2014 Cupra 280 SC with the MIB1 system, and I've contacted VW Retrofit as they are fairly close and said they can do a retrofit of the MIB2 system with discover pro 8" (9"?) screen, but it's nearly...
  8. Infuriating Rattle

My 2014 Cupra SC 280 is generally a creaky rattle-y loud car. However, the most annoying part of the bunch is a very occasional sound, something small and plastic rolling around under the floor or seat panels. The sound only ever occurs when I pull off hard, brake hard or corner hard or if...
  9. Boot Light Delay Issue

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I haven't been able to find any other posts for this or similar faults: Upon opening my boot in my Mk3 Leon Cupra 280 SC, the boot light doesn't come on. It takes about 3+ minutes to eventually come on, so I've only ever noticed it a couple of...
  10. Cupra 280 Modding (Stage 2 prep)

Hi guys, I've nearly paid off my 2014 Mk3 Cupra 280 and I'm planning ahead for mods. My biggest issue is how boring the exhaust sounds - I'd mostly like to get an exhaust upgrade focused on sound, so most would recommend a res delete I imagine, but I also want to buy something that will not...
  11. New Cupra Owner - general questions and thoughts

I just picked up my Cupra 280 a couple of weeks ago, woohoo! I really really love the way this thing pulls, and I'm consistently impressed by the fuel economy when I'm not having fun with it. I got a manual, with about 34k miles on the clock. So I've already kerbed one of the alloys. Yes, I...
  12. Future Ibiza Cupra Owner

Hey guys! I'm from down in Gloucestershire. I signed up here as I've definitevely decided on my second car - a 2016 Ibiza Cupra 1.8TSI Manual. I've just been lurking through threads and learning bits here and there but I'm down to talk about any potential issues with the above as well as...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise